MSI Z390 Ace vs Z390 Godlike for i9 9900k

Oct 16, 2018
I am really on the fence about my motherboard purchase for the upcoming i9 9900k. I've narrowed my decision down to either the MSI Z390 ACE or the Z390 Godlike. I want to ensure that I can achieve the maximum possible overclock that I can from my i9 chip and although the silicone lottery does play a big part in that I want to also make sure that my motherboard does not play any part and reducing my maximum possible overclock. From the research I've done, I'm seen that VRM count on motherboards tend to increase overclock and voltage stability. The MSI ACE has a 13 phase power delivery where as the Godlike has a 18 phase power delivery. Is there any possibility that the increased power delivery will give me a better chance at a better overclock? For example. Say my i9 can hypothetically reach 5.4 Ghz at 1.42v but the power delivery from the ACE motherboard is just a hair away from being able to run that clock speed and voltage stably and i'm forced to bump down to 5.3 Ghz to run stably. Would the extra 5 phases of power delivery hypothetically get me that more stable overclock that I wouldn't have been able to get from 13 phases in a scenario in which my overclock stability is that tight? Price is not an issue. I just simply would like to know if there is a possibility that additional phases will increase my chances in this type of scenario. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

GPU- RTX 2080TI FE
CPU - i9 9900k
Storage - M.2 NVME 2TB
PSU - Corsair AX1600i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 4133Mhz DDR4
Cooler - Thermaltake 360 TT RGB

Go with the Godlike if you want the absolute best overclocking. The extra power phases will make a difference. For me, it is not worth the extra money, but that is just me. You may be able to squeeze out another 100mhz on the Godlike. So if that is what you want then go for it.