Question MSI Z490 - System Failure After Using Dragon Center - Mystic Light

kh3ldar

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
Hello guys,

I'm having a big issue. Yesterday I tried uploading a custom gif to my mobo's little screen. It failed 28382 times. I restarted the computer and it doesnt get past bios screen. A black dash appears and dissappears after sometime. I tried holding cmos and bios buttons at the same time they blink indicating the bios settings reset. The led screen sometimes reads A2,A9 and 64. I managed to get into bios somehow but its extremly slow. Its impossible to do anything. I tried unplugging all sata and usb devices. no avail. Right now I'm force updating the bios with the current software it's extremly slow too.

Edit: The computer boots but takes ages. Works fine except for boot and bios. Bios is so slow. I tried jumping cmos shorting JBAT1. Didn't work. But i didn't get any indication that CMOS was reset. Do you think I failed resetting cmos?

Another edit to clarify: I tried uploading the gif countless times and reset the computer each time it failed.

I'm desperate. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

kh3ldar

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
I'm pretty certain it has something to do with mystic light part of the bios. Using dragon center mystic light freezes often and can't change led colors. I also tried changing ram slots or removing 1 didnt do anything. Also removed fans. same. The system works fine when it boots I also tried stress testing. No instabilities.

i9 10900K CPU
32 GB 4000 MHZ Ram
1x NVME SSD 1tb
1x sata ssd 500gb
2x sata harddrive 8gb and 2gb
corsair h150i cpu cooler
4x rgb fans

Last edited: