MSI Z87-GD65 Error code E0

Yaz91

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Hi all,

I finished building my system with specs mentioned at the bottom. When I tried to boot my pc the mother board debug leds gave me error code "E0". I looked it up online and found other people who had the same error and they fixed it by making sure the RAMs are fully seated. I did check that my two RAM sticks are seated all the way but still the error wont go.

Also, the monitor says "no signal" and goes black. and sometimes I get error code "10" for one sec then it changes to "E0"

does anyone know whats the problem and how can I fix it?

Specs:
Z87-GD65 Gaming
i5 4760k
Vengeance 2133 Pro
Kraken X60
MSI 780 Gaming
CM V850 850W
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Phantom 530

Solution
I finally found the source of the problem..
It turned out that I connected the pump 3 pin cable to a 3 pin header on the motherboard instead of connecting it to the 4 pin cpu fan header " how stupid of me"!
Thanks a lot for the help though!

Yaz91

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

I tried that already but it didn't work.. I also tried another stick from my old system "1333 stick" but it didn't work as well.

Yaz91

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
I finally found the source of the problem..
It turned out that I connected the pump 3 pin cable to a 3 pin header on the motherboard instead of connecting it to the 4 pin cpu fan header " how stupid of me"!
Thanks a lot for the help though!

Solution

Menno_Berg

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014

I'm experiencing the same error code after a slightly different situation:
I altered my memory speed in BIOS to 2133 MHz, chose for linked memory (paired modules of 8 GB having 16GB in total) and re-ordered boot device to boot from USB stick first. Saved and exited BIOS and then came across the E0 error code. Tried swapping memory, tried every possible combination with 2 sticks and with 1 stick. Tried clearing CMOS, connected JBAT jumper, did a battery pull, but still having the E0 error message. The Mobo is 2 days old and I would really like to get started working with it. Does anyone have any further ideas of how solving this problem?

Menno

Menno_Berg

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014

Tested the memory sticks in another pc and they are just working fine... seems that the problem is on the board, but what?

Yaz91

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

So sorry to hear that. I can't remember how I fixed the "E0" error in particular because I had many errors comming up. But the way I fixed my error is by swapping the DVI cable's position from the mobo port to the graphics card's port, stupid me haha. I also connected my cpu cooler's 3pin fan cable to a different 3pin header instead of the 4pin cpu fan header. Make sure yours is connected to the cpu fan header. If non of these sulotions worked for you, make sure your sticks are seated all the way back. Also try using different sticks, if you have any lying around. Or borrow some from your friends.
Hope one of these work for you ;)