MSI Z97 Gaming 5(or 7) VS MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

blizzard49

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
Hello I'm trying to build a new computer for gaming stuff.

I was thinking about buy the SLI Krait Edition cause it has cool looking black and white but during my research I saw several thread that Krait is not for the gaming and pick the gaming 5 instead cause gaming series hav more stabilities for games. Is that true?

Should I pick gaming 5 even it costs more money? or Just pick krait editon.

Please help. Thanks.

p.s here's parts that i'm going to buy for new computer.

CPU: Intel Core I5-4690 Quad-Core Processor

Power: Corsair Builder Seris CX 600 V2 600 Watt

Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon Nitro R9 380X 4GB GDDR5 (11250-01-20G)

Ram : 8GB

P.s My friend also suggest me MSI Z87 GD 65 for save more money but one of the worker said this board will not run Intel Core I5-4690. Is that true?

JimF_35

Distinguished
"pick the gaming 5 instead cause gaming series hav more stabilities for games."

Not sure what this means. Are you talking about better frames per second (FPS)?

Here is a comparison of the boards.

http://us.hardware.info/comparisontable/products/217636-217188-265813

If you are not planning on over clocking then go with the cheaper one. That said you will want one that supports your CPU, RAM and has a decent Warranty. Those are the things you should look out for. Or, if you are planning on running a second graphics card then you need a board that supports SLI.

The only way a motherboard aids in games is maybe a better audio systems and depending on architecture, more PCIe lanes, other wise a non-gaming board will run games the same as a gaming board and the non-gaming boards usually have bland color schemes.

The items that will help games get better FPS (frames per second = less jittery) and better resolutions is the CPU and GPU.

blizzard49

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
pick the gaming 5 instead cause gaming series hav more stabilities "

Sorry for unmatched sentences, I sometimes have problem with english.

What I meant was will those motherboard will run the parts that I showed in the thread. (Intel Core I5 4690, Sapphire Radeon Nitro R9 380X 4GB GDDR)

This will be cost lots of money so I'm trying to choose carefully.

BTW, I Checked compare with MSI Z97 Gaming 5 and MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition. I found out Krait Edition doesn't have Supported processor(s) unlike MSI Z97 Gaming 5 and it bothers me a bit.

What's the Supported Processor exactly and is that true Krait Edtion doesn't have Supported Processor?

pbmaddhatter

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

I have the it 4690k on the sli krait runs great not a radeon guy so cant answer the gpu question.

I am wondering if i can fit another gtx 970 on the z97s sli krait edition so 2 in total if anyone knows on that