MSI's Mini-ITX FM2+ A88XI AC Features 802.11ac WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Completely black mobo with the new Silverstone Raven mITX case that was on here last week... was this planned advertising?

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
The wireless adapter looks like the same one Asrock uses. The wires are really thin and annoying to route. They work well though.The difference between this one and the asrock is that the MSI has actual anttenas that mount to the board while the assrock uses a stupid external adapter that you place outside of the case. The adapter has the dumb thin wires as well. It works really well despite the thin wires.I wish I had this option for my itx build that I did two weeks ago. I dont trust the family to not rip out those thin external wires on the asrock board. Another thing I notice right away is the nice heatsink on the mosfets. The asrock A88 board does not have any. That might pose a problem for overclocking. Nice to see that on the MSI board. The FM2 and FM2+ chips have some nice overclocking headroom if you can fit a decent cooler or AIO watercooler in these small cases.

Fek

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
Completely black mobo with the new Silverstone Raven mITX case that was on here last week... was this planned advertising?
Are you talking about the RVZ01? If so.. FM2+ makes very little sense in a case that big with room for a 13 inch GPU.The new AMD APUs are great for what they are.. but the second you plan to add a GPU to your build they become poor value.

Status
Not open for further replies.