Question Multi fans in 2 USB ports

Jul 2, 2021
I recently got 3 rgb Corsair as a present and I m having an issue connecting them. So I have only 2 USB ports on my mobo. The first is used by the kraken next z73 and the second port is used by thermalrake rgb fans which they are connect on the thermalrake control fan. Is there a way to connect also the Corsair fans and still control the rgb? I have installed the Corsair fans and they spin but the rgb lightning is not connected anywhere.

Is it possible if I get a usb 2.0 hub and connect them there, can I still control the different softwares that are connected to usb hub?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you parse a link to the Corsair fans? Off the top of my head, the controller from Corsair and/or Thermaltake will not work with each other's eco system's. meaning you're relegated to working with only Corsair or only Thermaltake.

To get a better understanding of your setup, can you parse the specs to your build? You could work with a USB2.0 hub, one made by NZXT, but I think you're better off not having more than one brand of RGB fans in your build, for the sake of uniformity.

Jul 2, 2021
So the Corsair fans that I ve got are the corsairr LL 120 RGB
Then the fans on the kraken z73 radiator are the thermalrake riing 120 rgb
so basically i need 3 usb ports on my mobo to contrrol all 3 softwares and i only have 2 usb 2.0 ports. so i was wondering if i get an internal usb hub, could i still manage to control all software or at least can i find a software that will only set them to white light as i dont really tweak them a lot

my pc build
gigabyte aorus b550 pro
sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro +
ryzen 7 3700x
16 gb corsair vengeance pro ram
thermaltake view 51 case

Last edited: