[SOLVED] multi-functional laser printer that can print decent photographs

stereosapien

Prominent
Jan 23, 2020
Hi folks, I need to purchase a new multi-functional laser printer for my personal use and I thought I'd go the extra pixels [insert drum roll] and get something that can also print decent photographs. I don't have a particular budget but under $600 would be good, no preferred brand, don't use a specific website for printing, WiFi connectivity would be good and don't print a lot of pages/photos. Only other requirement is that it shouldn't be a huge tower-like printer.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
Getting good paper for photographs is as important as the printer you buy. Even a lower end laser printer should be able to print good photos on photo stock paper. The higher price you pay for printers gets you sturdier build quality, faster printing, duplex, networking options, paper path and tray options, etc.. more so than actual print output quality.

LaserJet Pro M479fdw is a good model that has every feature you may need. There are some 1200x1200 dpi models also that would produce sharper images. But you need to get laser photo paper stock for best results.

popatim

Titan
There are several decent one's under $600. .. but that is because they make up for it at the toner cartridge side. they only give you 'starter' cartridges.
for example the 4 color Hp m479dw ($400) or Canon MF644Cdw ($300). Toners run about $100 each or $230 for the high yield ones.

Pricing is about the same for them all.

Getting good paper for photographs is as important as the printer you buy. Even a lower end laser printer should be able to print good photos on photo stock paper. The higher price you pay for printers gets you sturdier build quality, faster printing, duplex, networking options, paper path and tray options, etc.. more so than actual print output quality.

LaserJet Pro M479fdw is a good model that has every feature you may need. There are some 1200x1200 dpi models also that would produce sharper images. But you need to get laser photo paper stock for best results.

Solution