[SOLVED] multiple ARGB to 1 header

Apr 6, 2020
I will be using the td500 mesh which can supports up to 7 fans, which i think I'll use all of them for argb fans. My question is if my motherboard only has 1 argb header. what do i need to do to connect them together. Im thinking the rog strix b550f and 7 mf120 halo.
Thanks

Solution
A little clarification. What you want is called an ARGB Hub, as Karadjgne has told you. It is used only with the ARGB lighting parts (and cables) of the ARGB fan. The motor part of each is powered and controlled with a separate cable from the fan. It is the motor that gets the PWM speed control signal from a mobo fan header. (And you may well need a FAN Hub to connect that many fans to mobo headers - depends on how many fan headers your mobo has.) Anyway the ARGB Hub will need connections to a SATA power output from the PSU to get power for all the lights, and to one mobo ARGB header to pick up the digital control signal for distribution to the lights.

Here is an example of such a Hub with eight outputs. It can be used as I said above...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You'll need a hub of some sort. Argb uses a pwm signal, the lights themselves just need power, it's the addressable controller on the led which sets the power used per filament.

Realistically, you can control 72 ARGB fans from a single header, just have to supply power to the daisy chained hubs.

In your case, 1 hub is all that's required, you plug power into it, and all the lighting wires. The single header supplies the pwm signal, and your software provides the addressing/colors.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
A little clarification. What you want is called an ARGB Hub, as Karadjgne has told you. It is used only with the ARGB lighting parts (and cables) of the ARGB fan. The motor part of each is powered and controlled with a separate cable from the fan. It is the motor that gets the PWM speed control signal from a mobo fan header. (And you may well need a FAN Hub to connect that many fans to mobo headers - depends on how many fan headers your mobo has.) Anyway the ARGB Hub will need connections to a SATA power output from the PSU to get power for all the lights, and to one mobo ARGB header to pick up the digital control signal for distribution to the lights.

Here is an example of such a Hub with eight outputs. It can be used as I said above, but also can be used if you don't even have a mobo ARGB header. In that latter case, you make a slightly different connection and run the included software utility to control the lights.

https://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Contr...ld=1&keywords=ARGB+Hu7b&qid=1604762131&sr=8-5

Here's another with 10 outputs

https://www.newegg.com/black-en-lab...Hub&cm_re=ARGB_Hub-_-9SIACJFAG83265-_-Product

It does not appear to have its own software utility or a USB connection to a mobo, so this one does requires a connection to a mobo ARGB header.

Solution

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Some of the UpHere 5 packs of fans come with a hub that supports 7 fans. They're not top of the line quality, but I think they're pretty decent for the price. I just got these.

When I was searching for a stand alone hub, most of them looked pretty shady and a lot of the reviews complained about the pins not holding tight enough.