Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm facing some issues here whereby my PC crashes with different BSOD at times. The BSOD I get are frequent such as IRQL Not Less or Equal, Kernel Security Check Failure, Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal, etc. All these issues seem to relate around ntoskrnl.exe. I'm not a computer expert and I would like to try to fix it myself before going to the shop to see if it's hardware related issues. I have performed Memory Diagnostics Tests and all seems to be fine.

Here's the link to my minidump files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiNw1b4HnMZOnVjBa-EyDFTqdd2-?e=QkoRV6

Appreciate the help and support from all here. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Bassplate
Solution
It could be either then since you only have 1 stick to use.

It is easier to return 1 stick than rebuild PC so I would assume its ram and hope you right.
Only other way to know is test ram in another board which is unlikely right?

Bassplate

Reputable
Hello everyone,

I'm facing some issues here whereby my PC crashes with different BSOD at times. The BSOD I get are frequent such as IRQL Not Less or Equal, Kernel Security Check Failure, Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal, etc. All these issues seem to relate around ntoskrnl.exe. I'm not a computer expert and I would like to try to fix it myself before going to the shop to see if it's hardware related issues. I have performed Memory Diagnostics Tests and all seems to be fine.

Here's the link to my minidump files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiNw1b4HnMZOnVjBa-EyDFTqdd2-?e=QkoRV6

Appreciate the help and support from all here. Thank you so much!
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means one of two things: driver issues, or a bad Windows Service caused by a backup utility or antivirus scanner.
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE means that you have critical data corruption. If your system does not boot at all, then the issue may also pop-up due to disk corruption or faulty RAM

ntosskrnl.exe
what-is-ntoskrnlexe.jpg

Ntoskrnl.exe (Windows boot up kernel) is a vital component utilized in the boot process for NT based Microsoft operating systems.

So here are the Problems you have
1.You have Corrupted and Broken Windows drivers and Component Drivers.(You could Maybe have an Faulty RAM because Of the Dump File Codes but its not most likely to be the case)
2.Your Windows Data/Registry is corrupt or missing and have an Failing Windows...
3.Windows struggles To load important Information from Bios(Because of Bad Drivers)Then Later on would windows would Crash because of its recommended Information and Functional Information that's missing.
I have a Few Suggestion to Complete Fix both Errors at the Same Time.

1.Do A Complete Fresh install of new Windows!
This Solves Many Many problems and sometimes leads to be your last Option.
2.Download the Refresh Windows Tool
The Refresh Windows Tool can help recovering and Tries to Fix the error and Problems.
Download Here=https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh
3.Replace your RAM stick and see If some Suggestion Worked
:benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton:

Reactions: zing()
May 19, 2020
I agree with Bassplate doing a fresh Windows installation is the next best step - otherwise you will end up wasting hours trying to mess around and fix this issues.

If you're not very confident/have never done this before I would recommend taking it to a PC repair shop if you have one available - alternatively there are hundreds of free videos/guides online of how to do it yourself.

Just remember to make a backup of any important files/documents on your PC if you haven't already :)

Reactions: Bassplate

Bassplate

Reputable
I agree with Bassplate doing a fresh Windows installation is the next best step - otherwise you will end up wasting hours trying to mess around and fix this issues.

If you're not very confident/have never done this before I would recommend taking it to a PC repair shop if you have one available - alternatively there are hundreds of free videos/guides online of how to do it yourself.

Just remember to make a backup of any important files/documents on your PC if you haven't already :)
I Totally Agree @zing()!! :benetton::benetton::benetton:

Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have performed a clean Windows installation on my PC. Yet, the issue still appears as my PC crashes when I'm just surfing the net. Not sure if it's hardware related issues since memory diagnostics test seems to show no error. Before I bring my PC to the repair shop, is there any way I can solve this? I have also updated all drivers that are necessary.

Jun 13, 2020
PS:

These are my PC specs:

System Model: Gigabyte B450M Auros M
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (RVG), (8 CPUs, 3.7GHz)
Memory: 16GB
DirectX Version: DirectX12
Graphics: Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1660 Super

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

windows memory test isn't as strict as memtest.
strange buying 3400G and then not using vega

Jun 13, 2020
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

windows memory test isn't as strict as memtest.
strange buying 3400G and then not using vega

Hi Colif,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm currently running the memtest86 and it seems to freeze at Test 13 (Hammer Test) Stage 2. There seems to be no error as of now. Is it normal for the test to run slow or freeze at times? Thank you!

Ps: I decided to go with Nvidia graphic cards as it is recommended by my friends.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020
Hi, upload any new dump files that have been created since you reinstalled if it's still crashing. The older ones are no longer valid since you may have completely new drivers on the system now.

Hi there.

Thank you. Will upload once I finish the memtest. The memtest seems to froze at Hammer test 13, with 59% completion. Is there anything I should be worry of?

Jun 13, 2020
I don't think you should use that stick, I would test the others (if you have many) and only use the ones that pass.

Probably good idea to RMA ram and get new sticks that don't freeze.

Thanks, Colif. My recent BSOD (through my minidumps folder) seems to show that it has something to do with my Nvidia Driver.

061420-6656-01.dmp 6/14/2020 5:42:39 PM DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 fffff8063eed1080 0000000000000002 0000000000000008 fffff8063eed1080 nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm.sys+14c1080 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3dda20 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061420-6656-01.dmp 8 15 19041 546,135 6/14/2020 5:43:06 PM

I'm not sure but should I perform a clean installation of the graphic driver? I have uploaded the minidump to my one drive using the link above.

Colif

Win 11 Master
They are never far from blame these days.
did you get the drivers from Nvidia or Run windows update?
if you got them from nvidia, try windows update after running DDU - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

did you update win 10 after installing it?

have you tested all ram as bad ram can make good drivers look bad.

memtest can take a long time so I am not sure if it wouldn't have unfrozen after
Compared to the other tests, the row hammer test (Test 13) takes significantly longer to complete due to the amount of 'hammering' required (ie. millions of read operations per row pair) to induce disturbance errors. Even more so if you're running in single CPU mode. The first ~15% of the progress involves initializing the values in memory which is relatively quick. When it begins hammering the rows, the progress rate drops quite significantly.
https://www.passmark.com/forum/memt...eeps-stopping-at-16-of-test-13-hammering-rows

might help to let it run overnight.

Jun 13, 2020
if you got them from nvidia, try windows update after running DDU - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

memtest can take a long time so I am not sure if it wouldn't have unfrozen after

https://www.passmark.com/forum/memt...eeps-stopping-at-16-of-test-13-hammering-rows

First, I installed the Nvidia drivers using Windows Update. Then, I downloaded the drivers from the website to use the GeForce App.

I have updated Windows 10 after installing it. That was the first thing I did. I will try to perform the memtest again and leave it overnight.

Thanks Colif.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://mothierdeutschebracke.htmlpasta.com/
File information:061420-9187-01.dmp (Jun 13 2020 - 20:39:05)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:CLASSPNP.SYS (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:061420-8406-01.dmp (Jun 13 2020 - 23:56:40)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File information:061420-8312-01.dmp (Jun 13 2020 - 20:48:59)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: Launcher.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:061420-7421-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 00:15:01)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (BE)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)

File information:061420-6656-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 05:42:39)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process: upc.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:061420-6406-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 05:11:46)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File information:061420-10359-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 04:24:01)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: nvcontainer.ex)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-10#kf
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version F50.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Jun 13, 2020
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://mothierdeutschebracke.htmlpasta.com/
File information:061420-9187-01.dmp (Jun 13 2020 - 20:39:05)
Probably caused by:CLASSPNP.SYS (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:061420-8406-01.dmp (Jun 13 2020 - 23:56:40)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File information:061420-8312-01.dmp (Jun 13 2020 - 20:48:59)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: Launcher.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:061420-7421-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 00:15:01)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (BE)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)

File information:061420-6656-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 05:42:39)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process: upc.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:061420-6406-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 05:11:46)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File information:061420-10359-01.dmp (Jun 14 2020 - 04:24:01)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: nvcontainer.ex)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-10#kf
You have the latest BIOS already installed, version F50.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. However, I can't tell that much what is the root causes for the BSODs I faced (not a computer expert btw).

Am I facing an issue with a faulty RAM or is there anything I need to do with my drivers?

Jun 13, 2020

Hi Colif,

Left the Memtest ran overnight. Passed 2 test but then it froze again at Test 13. I'm guessing I'm having some bad RAM at the moment.

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I don't want to sound alarming, but last time I saw a computer freezing during Memtest86 was because of a faulty motherboard. I'm not saying that this is clearly the case here, but just so you keep that in mind. I wonder if you just go into the BIOS and stay there overnight... does the computer freeze there as well? That would be the proof that hardware is the culprit.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't want to sound alarming, but last time I saw a computer freezing during Memtest86 was because of a faulty motherboard. I'm not saying that this is clearly the case here, but just so you keep that in mind. I wonder if you just go into the BIOS and stay there overnight... does the computer freeze there as well? That would be the proof that hardware is the culprit.

Guess real question is, does it freeze on other ram sticks. If its just that one while running memtest, its probably just the stick.

TRENDING THREADS