Question Multiple BSOD issues ?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 21, 2022
Hi, I have been experiencing a lot of bsods after upgrading a few bits of hardware; my GPU, an addition of 32gb of RAM on top of the 16 that was already there, an nvme drive, and a 1000w psu.

I've seen errors like: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION for the most part.

From what I've read its usually a driver issue, but I've tried DDU multiple time, I've reinstalled windows entirely, and have tried updated driver with device manager.

I also thought it was a virus, so I've done multiple scans to no avail.

I also stopped any overclocking.

I check temps, and they max out cpu: ~75 and GPU also ~75 with idles around 45

my system is as follows:

ASUS Prime X470-PRO
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
2x 16 GB 3200mhz RAM + 2x 8 GB 3200mhz RAM ( the matching sets are in every other slot)
RTX 3070
samsung 980 pro nvme ssd
4 other ssd
intel wifi 6 ax200 wifi adaptor

Please let me know any other useful info I could provide.

Cheers

Jul 21, 2022
One kit is 2x8gb the other 2x16gb is not the same, anyway i'm out of this, if he gets spiteful and starts to downvote because he doesn't want to do all the work to get his system running can he take a hike.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough but I removed the 16 kit the first time it was mentioned, I've only been using the 32 kit for the past 2 or 3 months. I initially thought 48 GB was ok, but seeing as I have instability I've only been using the 32 kit.
I've done plenty of work, I've replaced my whole motherboard because someone suggested I had a hardware fault and I thought maybe there was an incompatibility problem. I only downvoted because I thought I already said I removed the 2x8 kit

Last edited: