Grameoslas

Honorable
Mar 6, 2019
Dear All,

I am struggling with an issue on my computer. It has been a month now and i haven't been able to found a solution even after hours of discussion with AI. Therefore wanted to have opinion of experts. The issue is i am getting multiple BSODs while my PC is idle for apprx 5 minutes. I can play many juicy games for hours without having a single crash, but soon as i open a video and drop mouse, all it takes is a couple minutes and i get BSOD and automatic restart. I even did multiple clean installs, but i cannot fix it. Yesterday i tried with brand new RAMs, and i could not even complete the clean install. After a base install is completed, where the i choose my Region and Keyboard type, computer keeps crashing, restarting and asking my region again.

First of all, my build (happy to provide any additional information):
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (BIOS is up to date), CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3600x, GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 5700XT 8GB
Old PSU: Xigmatek Minatour MT650, New PSU: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5
Old RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz, New RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3600MHz
SSD 1: Corsair Force MP510 256GB, SSD 2: Samsung 970EVOPlus 1Tb
OS: Windows 10 Home edition (will update to 11 if i can fix this issue)
I use 2 displays, 2nd one is a TV connected to GPU through HDMI

Now BSODs, list of all crashes with their stopcodes:
Initially

• Memory_Management
  • System_Thread_exception_Not_Handled
  • DPC_Watchdog_violation
  • Page_Fault_in_Nonepaged_Area
  • Kernel_Auto_Boost_Invalid_Lock_Release
  • Kmode_exception_Not_Handled
  • Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • Kernel_Auto_Boost_Lock_Acquisition_With_Raised_IRQL
  • System_Service_Exception > FLTMGR.SYS
  • Kernel_Security_Check_Failure
After first clean install;
  • DPC_Watchdog_violation
  • Page_Fault_in_Nonepaged_Area
  • System_Service_Exception (no file)

After yesterday's upgrade with new RAMs and in the process of clean install;
  • System_Service_Exception > dxgkrnl.sys
  • Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL > ndis.sys
  • System_Thread_Exception_not_handled
I tried many approaches. sfc, dism, driver verifier, Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, clean install to SSD1, clean install to SSD2, booted with new/old PSUs. and happy to start all again. I am also open to change any piece of hardware as long as i know it is going to fix the issue. However i still dont even know if this issue is hardware or software related. I used to be able to boot and work in safe mode, but couple days ago i even got a crash while in safe mode.

Here is a dmp file i have been able to save before today, hope it helps. You can let me know if there is an issue with the file, but currently i cannot upload new ones due to my current status of not being able to log in. Now i am not even sure if i will be able to login to my computer, let alone being able to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I would suggest booting the system from a live Linux distribution (not an installation), like Linux Mint. Use it a bit to see if the system crashes while using Linux.

Just a matter of booting from the USB drive Linux is on. If it crashes under Linux, you have a very likely hardware issue.

Reactions: Grameoslas

Grameoslas

Honorable
Mar 6, 2019
I would suggest booting the system from a live Linux distribution (not an installation), like Linux Mint. Use it a bit to see if the system crashes while using Linux.

Just a matter of booting from the USB drive Linux is on. If it crashes under Linux, you have a very likely hardware issue.
Considering my knowledge on this area next to 0, is there any link or guide you can share that would explain this step by step?

Edit: Assuming it is hardware related, how can i ensure which part it is?