Question Multiple keyboard producing same issue

Dec 24, 2022
After building my computer I found that across multiple games that I have played and tested with two keyboards that same issue occurs.
My keyboard and mouse will be functioning my properly then occasionally my computer will continue to input a key after I have stopped pressing it. Any keystrokes I make after this occurring are not inputted on screen after me pressing them (hence me knowing that there is a problem).
After fantom key press stops the inputs that I made after the input freeze are pressed. At this point I am not touching any keys.
After the string of delayed inputs are displayed the keyboards go back to functioning normally for a random amount of time until the issue occurs again.
The best real world example of this I can provide is that I’m strafing (alternatively pressing a and d). Then in game I will begin to just move left with no more of my movements are registered. I take my hands off of the keyboard and after a few seconds I will begin to strafe again for a however long I kept pressing keys after it initially froze and will then stop completely after the delayed inputs have been registered on screen. After this it functions normally until it this randomly happens again.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.