[SOLVED] Multiple routers, same ssid

Dec 5, 2020
Currently looking to set up a home network on a large house with multiple routers all on same said and password, the routers are all wired. From what I've already read the best thing to do it setup main router (router 1)on IP 192.168.1.1, router 2 on 192.168.1.2 with disabled dhcp. Same on router 3 with 192.168.1.3
Once this is done change all 3 to be on same said and password, and change each to use a fixed channel 1,6,11.
Is it this simple or am I going to run into issues, looking to have Sonos in different rooms plus sky q so will these still all talk together or not? Plus we also have CCTV running off one of the routers ethernet ports.
We have 3x Netgear xr500 nighthawk routers.
Any suggestions on best way to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Currently looking to set up a home network on a large house with multiple routers all on same said and password, the routers are all wired. From what I've already read the best thing to do it setup main router (router 1)on IP 192.168.1.1, router 2 on 192.168.1.2 with disabled dhcp. Same on router 3 with 192.168.1.3
Once this is done change all 3 to be on same said and password, and change each to use a fixed channel 1,6,11.
Is it this simple or am I going to run into issues, looking to have Sonos in different rooms plus sky q so will these still all talk together or not? Plus we also have CCTV running off one of the routers ethernet ports.
Any suggestions on best way to do this would be...

kanewolf

Titan
Any suggestions on best way to do this would be greatly appreciated.
You need to connect LAN to LAN ports, not WAN ports on routers 2 and 3. You need to disable DHCP on routers 2 and 3. You need to set a static IP address on routers 2 and 3. If you can, turn DOWN the power on each of the 3 routers, especially on the 2.4Ghz radio, it will be better. In addition to unique channels on 2.4Ghz you need to set unique channels on 5Ghz.
The manual -- https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500_UM_EN.pdf has directions on using the XR500 as an access point. See instructions starting on PDF page 117

Solution
Taking into consideration kanewolf comment it will work as you indicate.

One thing that is kinda old in these guides is the 1.6.11 recommedation. That will still work BUT you must also force the router to use 20mhz channels. Almost all attempt to use 40. There is only 60mhz total and why 1,6,11 works to divide it. Using 40 it is impossible to fit 2 signals without overlap. So it will not overlap but you will cut your speed by at least 1/2. You might be better off letting it run 40mhz and adjust the power on the devices down so the signals interfere less. This is a test it and see which method works better for you. No way to predict since it depends on usage on each AP as well as how your house is built.

Dec 5, 2020
You need to connect LAN to LAN ports, not WAN ports on routers 2 and 3. You need to disable DHCP on routers 2 and 3. You need to set a static IP address on routers 2 and 3. If you can, turn DOWN the power on each of the 3 routers, especially on the 2.4Ghz radio, it will be better. In addition to unique channels on 2.4Ghz you need to set unique channels on 5Ghz.
The manual -- https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500_UM_EN.pdf has directions on using the XR500 as an access point. See instructions starting on PDF page 117
What's the difference to my proposed set up and just running the routers in AP mode?