[SOLVED] Multiple SSID

Mar 11, 2021
Good evening.

I have a question for you fine people. Little bit of back story, my mother and father in law run a small camping and caravan park, my wife and I live in a cottage on site.

My brother in law has installed a WiFi network. Now after a year of trying to live with it I gave up and bought a 4G router from TP-Link, not having our own phone line. And it works perfectly.

Now ignoring the fact that he has installed the access points in complety pointless locations. (Unless he wants the field next door to have WiFi, but I digress). The question I wanted to ask was does having multiple SSIDs on the same network slow the network down, because for some reason he has 6 SSIDs, I personally thought that two would have been sufficient, a private and a public one.

I have tried to discuss the matter with him but he didn't seam keen on discussing it ?

Solution
Makes no difference it is all the same network no matter what name you call it. It is mostly a matter of personal preference. If you set them the same you hope the device connects to the best one but end devices are pretty stupid sometimes. If you set them different you can control where you connect to but some people do not like to micromanage things like that.
Makes no difference it is all the same network no matter what name you call it. It is mostly a matter of personal preference. If you set them the same you hope the device connects to the best one but end devices are pretty stupid sometimes. If you set them different you can control where you connect to but some people do not like to micromanage things like that.

Solution