Question MWM seeks the case for me

Aug 21, 2019
Greetings brilliant case scholars.
I am currently on my second build. My last was 10 years ago. If I get the same quality of help here this time is I did last time, you'll be spared my neediness for another 10 years.

I am a cheap guy, but I want this fish to swim for a while and I really don't understand options on a case.
Buy with fans included? If not, what fans do you recommend?
I don't care how it looks or need any colorful additions. I'll take a My Little Pony™ bright pink case if the price is right and it moves air around and is easy to build in.
Cable management? I won't look at it, but I want it out of the way. I have a modular PSU.

So I am desperately seeking recommendations.

MOBO ATX MSI B450 Pro Carbon
CPU Not sure yet but Rizen 5 2600x and 3600 are the front runners. Opinions welcome.
RAM 2X8 gb of 3200 Corsair Vengeance
SSD 1tb Samsung EVO970
GPU Radeon RX570
PSU Corsair RM650x
Asus Optical CD/DVD drive (I have one I ordered to replace a failed one but never installed it. If I should just go external to get a better case then so be it, but I do want an optical drive and I have a free one so...)

My old case has seen better days, but it did its job.
Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Did I say I'm cheap?
Maybe a really cheap option and a slight splurge or two?

Last edited:
The best bang for your buck via those internal components are the fractal design focus G. It has front mesh for air flow, Optical Drive bays and comes in all different colors :)
Another good one is the cooler master NR600. There are two variants and one of them has an optical drive bay.
If you go lower than that, then fan count will be reduced to one fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dondoh60