Question MX Keys frequently stops responding, with the #1 key flashing ?

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
I have an MX Keys keyboard, and am using it with the supplied wireless dongle (i.e. not bluetooth). I also have an MX Master mouse, using the same dongle.
I'm having a problem where, a few times a day, the keyboard stops responding and the LED on the #1 key (i.e. the first of the three keys which select the target device) either comes on or starts flashing. This usually lasts for 5-20 seconds before returning to normal, and is extremely irritating.
The dongle is plugged into the back of the PC, which is under my desk. It is approximately 3 feet away from the keyboard (and mouse).#
Any idea what might be causing this?

Lutfij

Titan
Try and reduce the distance between the dongle and the mouse/keyboard, using an USB cable/extension. I'm going ot asusme that this is the keyboard you're working with;
since it's got LED's on the top right hand corner, in the first row.

If so, have you installed their app;
?

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
Thanks for your reply. I've since discovered that this is a common problem with Logitech MX unifying receivers, and that the best solution is to use bluetooth instead. So the main learning is: best not to touch Logitech "unifying" receivers with a barge pole!