[SOLVED] My 11400 frequency doesnt go above 3.2 Ghz

Feb 13, 2023
Title. I've recently instaled a new cooler (DeepCool Gammaxx 400), because with the stock cooler sucks with the maximum turbo frequency. With this new cooler, temps are reaching 50 at 3.2, but the core frequency wont go above that. How can I make the CPU reach 4.2 Ghz again? Motherboard is a Gigabyte B560 Aorus Elite

Solution
@Epistolar
Use the Windows Balanced power plan if you want the CPU to slow down when lightly loaded. There is no big power savings when you do this. Intel CPUs save power automatically if you have the C states enabled in the BIOS. A core in C7 at 0 MHz is the best way to save power and heat.
Feb 13, 2023
Nvm after a bios reset it now stays stuck at 4.2, not falling out to base speed at idle liek it used to. Dunno whats happening tbh,

Last edited:
@Epistolar
Use the Windows Balanced power plan if you want the CPU to slow down when lightly loaded. There is no big power savings when you do this. Intel CPUs save power automatically if you have the C states enabled in the BIOS. A core in C7 at 0 MHz is the best way to save power and heat.

Reactions: KyaraM
Solution
Feb 13, 2023
Use the Windows Balanced power plan if you want the CPU to slow down when lightly loaded
That worked, thank you, no idea why it was on perfomace mode.

Intel CPUs save power automatically if you have the C states enabled in the BIOS. A core in C7 at 0 MHz is the best way to save power and heat.
I'll try doing that. Heat is not really a problem since it's reaching 60° on maximum, but less power consumption will come in handy

TRENDING THREADS