Apr 24, 2021
so, my 980Ti will install nvidia driver 365.19, but that's the latest it gets for some odd reason. Anyway, when i try to install nay other drivers, it just won't install, even if nvidia says they're installed. Weirdly enough, when I install the new drivers, gpu-z says that the new version is installed, even though games won't work, and the screen tearing is atrocious. Not only this, in device manager, I get the code 43 error for my gpu, and I have no ideaa how to fix this. I've tried flashing new vBIOS's, so if you guys think this may work could you guys send me a compatible vBIOS? I have the reference model/founder's edition. if you guys don't think this'll work, what should i do? or am i stuck playing the few games that run on outdated drivers? I've also tried using DDu and reinstalling drivers to no avail.

The games i play get around the same performance a 980Ti should be getting, and i've opened the card up and the actual gpu chip checks out. Please if you guys have any ideas I'd love to hear them, I wanna get to using oculus link, but I can't since you need at least somewhat recent drivers to do so.

Apr 24, 2021
Also, with he 365.19 drivers, i can still overclock in msi afterburner. I can increase core clock, memory clock, and core voltage, but i can't control the fan speed. No matter what, if it says it's at 25 percent speed, the fan will still be spinning on max speed, I don't mind it much, but if this is useful info for a solution, I may as well post it here.

werberman

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Quite a bit to unpack here. A LOT of things can cause an error like the one you've encountered. I assume you've tested this card in another rig to check it? Always better to be sure the error is, in fact, caused by your card.

Assuming it is the problem, flashing the vBIOS is not a bad idea, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Did this issue just crop up? I'm a bit confused as to how this is just coming to light on a card that old. If the issue is new, I would be very doubtful you can get it working again in any meaningful way for a good number of reasons. If it's something that has always been an issue, that makes the vBIOS flash look more promising.