[SOLVED] My Am-KVM201 on the windows 7 desktop its not detecting the monitor. The mouse and keyboard works ok . Every thing works ok on my windows 10 Desktop.

Jan 22, 2021
My Am-KVM201 on the windows 7 desktop its not detecting the monitor. The mouse and keyboard works ok . Every thing works ok on my windows 10 Desktop.

Solution
HDMI is a digital interface. VGA is analog. Unless your adapter/cable is "active", it cannot provide the necessary signals to drive a VGA-only display. This seems to be the likely issue with your KVM and display/monitor.

Try using a HDMI to DVI adapter instead and use the DVI port on your Acer K202HQL .
Jan 22, 2021
My HDMI KVM 2*1 Switch Model Am-KVM201 on the windows 7 desktop its not detecting the monitor. The mouse and keyboard works ok . Every thing works ok on my windows 10 Desktop just on the windows 7 desktop its not detecting the monitor. Any suggestions?

Jan 22, 2021
I tried swapping cables that didn't work. when I plug the vga cable directly into the desktop windows 7 HP H2N08AA#ABA the mouse and keyboard work I am also using a HDMI to VGA because the monitor doesn't have a HDMI port.

Jan 22, 2021
If I swap cable's the same things occurs the HP8MP64AV works fine the other PC the monitor doesn't work. The windows 10 HP8MP64AV is connected as HDMI not VGA

Jan 22, 2021
Swap video cables on the Win 7 system. Does the problem "move" with the cable swap?

Does the Win 7 system work properly when connected directly to your peripherals?
tried swapping cables that didn't work. when I plug the vga cable directly into the desktop windows 7 HP H2N08AA#ABA the mouse and keyboard work I am also using a HDMI to VGA because the monitor doesn't have a HDMI port. ( I am still learning this forum )

Jan 22, 2021
tried swapping cables that didn't work. when I plug the vga cable directly into the desktop windows 7 HP H2N08AA#ABA the mouse and keyboard work I am also using a HDMI to VGA because the monitor doesn't have a HDMI port. ( I am still learning this forum )

Re peripherals the mouse and keyboard works fine though the HDMI KVM2*1 Switch just the monitor doesn't get a single or says no monitor connected on the windows 7 PC

Jan 22, 2021
Seems the issue may be the HDMI/VGA adapter. While it hard to follow your previous answers, so can you confirm whether the Win 7 system works properly with any display/monitor connected directly to it?
Yes if I hook up the just the monitor to the HP H2N08AA#ABA windows 7 and leave the usb ports connected to the KVM switch the mouse and keyboard are working and the monitor is working. It doesn't work when I hook up the monitor output to that pc though the KVM switch. I tried it with a HMDI to VGA adapter and with a cord that is HMDI to VGA .

COLGeek

Cybernaut
HDMI is a digital interface. VGA is analog. Unless your adapter/cable is "active", it cannot provide the necessary signals to drive a VGA-only display. This seems to be the likely issue with your KVM and display/monitor.

Try using a HDMI to DVI adapter instead and use the DVI port on your Acer K202HQL .

Solution
Jan 22, 2021

Ok will do was my thinking it was a software issue however was researching DVI- D DVI-A etc thanks for your help will try that and also can you recommend an active adapter and/or that was why you said use the other monitor port on the pc?

Jan 22, 2021
Ok will do was my thinking it was a software issue however was researching DVI- D DVI-A etc thanks for your help will try that and also can you recommend an active adapter and/or that was why you said use the other monitor port on the pc?
Will an HDMI to DVI cable work as well,?

Jan 22, 2021
Ok here is what else I just tried. I put an HDI monitor and connected it to the output HDMI on the switch. The HDMI to VGA to the computer that's not giving a signal to the monitor same results. Does that help to troubleshooting this ?
Next I tried to connect the VGA to HDMI directly to the PC thats not showing on the monitor same thing its not showing up. So should the active DVI be put on the computer instead of the monitor brb will try and other test?

Jan 22, 2021
Next I tried to connect the VGA to HDMI directly to the PC thats not showing on the monitor same thing its not showing up. So should the active DVI be put on the computer instead of the monitor brb will try and other test?
Ok wasn't able to do that test didn't have another VGA to HDMI adapter.

Jan 22, 2021

Ok got the adapters and/or active cable did what you said its doing the same things.

No video signal to the windows 7 PC

Any other suggestions?

Jan 22, 2021
Re: Make sure the input port on the monitor is set to the DVI port, vice the VGA port. May need to adjust in monitor's menu.

Ok will look into that and/or work on it.

Re: Does the HDMI/DVI cable work when connected directly to the Win 7 PC?

It doesn't work if connected directly to the switch. The windows 7 pc has no HDMI slot or does the monitor.

I don't have a DMI to DMI. To see if the monitor would work if directly connected to the 7 windows PC.

Will work on getting a user's manual on the monitor to set it as you said.

Jan 22, 2021
Re: Make sure the input port on the monitor is set to the DVI port, vice the VGA port. May need to adjust in monitor's menu.

Ok will look into that and/or work on it.

Re: Does the HDMI/DVI cable work when connected directly to the Win 7 PC?

It doesn't work if connected directly to the switch. The windows 7 pc has no HDMI slot or does the monitor.

I don't have a DMI to DMI. To see if the monitor would work if directly connected to the 7 windows PC.

Will work on getting a user's manual on the monitor to set it as you said.

Forgot to mention the windows 10 PC is showing up on the monitor using the HDMI output on the switch conected to DMI port on monitor.