my asus laptop's touch pad wont work

nahani

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
please help my laptop (ASUS) (windows 8) Mouse pad will not work. I have turned the computer on and off it will move for around 1 minute and then freeze I have plugged in a mouse and it works. what do I do to get the touch pad to work again?

wattsteve

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014

We had the same issue. To resolve it I had to roll the mouse driver back to the previous update. This is tricky without a mouse! To get there I tabbed over to the Search option and searched for Control Panel. Then I went to the Hardware and Devices and selected the Mouse option and selected the Drivers and rolled it back on that screen.

Mommy30

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

Thanks you are a life saver :) My son got the laptop from Santa and I started playing with it and the mouse pad stopped working. I guess I should stick with my laptop and leave his alone...

myasus2015

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015

This might not be an ideal fix but you can go under Device manager and open up "Mice and other pointing devices". I just unistallled the Asus driver and rebooted my laptop. Now it works with the Microsoft driver.

I have an Asus laptop and I dealt with this aggravating issue for more than a year :(.

grumblebum

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

Go into your touch pad driver via devices and reload older version .this worked in my case

fixer123

Reputable
May 24, 2015
if you open up the windows 8 tab at the right side of the screen by simply swiping your finger from right side of the touch pad to the left it should fix the problem but you will have to do this every time you turn your laptop on