my Asus PCE-AC56 network adapter shows up as Broadcom 802.11a network adapter

askinatr

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Hi. So I have an Asus PCE-AC56 network adapter. However, when I check device managment it shows up as "Broadcom 802.11a network adapter".

I tried going to Asus' official site to get some updated drivers. This did work, and it instead showed up as "Asus 802.11ac bla-bla-bla", but the network kept glitching out, and I was unable to keep a stable connection.

Here is the link for Asus' site for the network adapter which I own: https://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC56/

Are there any fixes for this issue?
(Btw, if this fits better within the components department, please tell me so I can move it there)

RealBeast

Titan
Well at least it has the correct brand chip -- it is a Broadcom AC chipset.

Did you install the latest driver for your specific OS from HERE? Windows 10?

askinatr

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

Yeah, that's where I got the drivers from. And although it fixed the name problem, it kept glitching out by connecting and disconnecting me from my network.

RealBeast

Titan
W10 has definitely had issues with wireless cards. Are you getting a Code 10 cannot run or just frequent disconnects?

I would try running through the Microsoft SUPPORT for wireless connection troubleshooting. You have to manually change the OS from 7 to 10 in the drop down box.

askinatr

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

I'm not getting any errors whatsoever, it just keeps connecting and disconnecting again. Almost as if I were disconnecting the wifi manually