My brand new pc is to loud wanna, plz help!!! :)

PENANO

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
So i just got this brand new pc i build up everything runs normal, it's just to damn loud.

https://imgur.com/a/A5w99s2 https://imgur.com/a/UxJvWfl

Here is my temperature on idle, i think the sound comes mostly from my PSU.

EVGA GQ series 850w module PSU

Ryzen 7 2700x CPU

Geforce 1080 strix GPU

Even when i put it on power supply low it's still damn loud, i didn't touch anything in bios because i have no clue.

Solution
There is no BIOS or software setting to make up for a faulty fan. Test with other PSU and if it's the PSU then RMA it. If it is not helping then it's the CPU fan.
Also when I think about it, what about your case fans? Try to disconnect them to see if that helps.
Well, it's either CPU fan or PSU fan. It's not the GPU as it is running on passive mode with 0RPM on the screenshot.
While the PSU is not the best EVGA model, it's decent and 850w is way more than you need, so it shouldn't run loud as it is not being pushed. Obviously it could be a faulty fan.

You need to pinpoint as to where the noise come from. Try if you can hear by moving your ear close to either of the fans. Also you could try to block the CPU fan just briefly to see if that stops the noise.

PENANO

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014

It's definetly comming from PSU. or the fan close to PSU. I have PSU 650W from my older PC that i purchase around 2014, i might set that one up. But i just wanna make sure first.

I got this pc 2 days ago and i didn't do any changes everything is on ''fabric'' i don't know if i should change something in BIOS or what not, i know there are some fan curves, the GPU fans doesn't run until it hits the right temperature.

Is there a chance to turn off PSU and start pc to see with some program, or?

There is no BIOS or software setting to make up for a faulty fan. Test with other PSU and if it's the PSU then RMA it. If it is not helping then it's the CPU fan.
Also when I think about it, what about your case fans? Try to disconnect them to see if that helps.

Solution