My CD-Rom won't eject

My CD is reading ok, but the CD rom will not eject. I tried the eject button on the pc and tried right clicking on the drive from explorer. It will not open, yet it will allow me to read the data on the drive. Properties says its working properly. Any ideas?

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

Most, if not all, CD drives have a tiny hole in the front panel. This is a
mechanical eject feature. Turn off the computer, straighten a paperclip and
gently insert in the hole. It will take a bit of pressure to release the
catch. This may be just a freak incident, but if it repeats, you will need a
new drive.

HTH, JAX

"Stevedonzi" <Stevedonzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My CD is reading ok, but the CD rom will not eject. I tried the eject
button on the pc and tried right clicking on the drive from explorer. It
will not open, yet it will allow me to read the data on the drive.
Properties says its working properly. Any ideas?

JAX - I never even noticed that hole. Once I rejected it manually and restarted the PC the drive works fine now. I really appreciate your time, thanks.