Question My computer and games are crashing.

Feb 17, 2019
Hi, ive been reading alot of other threads and didnt find anything helpful. So...
I built a new PC for around a month ago, with good specs.

Gtx 1070
ryzen 5 2600
2x 8gb ddr4 3200mhz
250 gb ssd samsung
Kraken x62
Asus Prime B450-plus
Corsair vs450 450watt
(NZXT H500i) if anyine were intrested.

So the problem started yesterday when i came home from a vacation, i started playing some fortnite, then the sudden happend that the game crashed. I didnt think much of it just started it again. And it crashed again. I got mad and started playing Apex Legends. Then that crashed aswell. And it just kept going. After some crashes later my computer also started crash with a blue screen, i think we are all known of it. This wasnt anything new but it started doing it a lot and often. I started searching around the web and did everything people said would help. Nothing helped... I though it was some problems with those games so i tried a game of league of legends. It worked perfect the whole game and i didnt play anymore. I also tried Far Cry 5 and it worked for around a 1h as the other games and then it crashed. The only thing i know is that Apex, Fortnite and far cry has in common is that they all use something called EasyAntiCheat. I though for a sec that this Easyac Was the problem, but it didnt seem so trustworthy. Im in huge need of help. And i will respond as fast as i can to all your quietsions if needed. (Sry for bad english tho.)

My first thought would be the psu. It’s slightly underpowered and not very high quality, more suited to an office pc than a gaming one.

Do you have a store with a good return policy so you can get a better unit to test?

Is that 1070 used? It could also be unstable if it was abused by the previous owner.

Reactions: platski
Feb 17, 2019
My first thought would be the psu. It’s slightly underpowered and not very high quality, more suited to an office pc than a gaming one.

Do you have a store with a good return policy so you can get a better unit to test?

Is that 1070 used? It could also be unstable if it was abused by the previous owner.
Yeah i also though about the PSU, but then i bought the parts from a very well known and good store, its a swedish store thats all over Sweden, they are most known for their good support and they always look over your parts and tell you what you can make better or change, so they would have told me that i would need a bigger one. which makes me wounderous about that the PSU is the problem. And why would it start doing this now? shouldnt it been like this since i first started my comp? Im not very good inside these things but i listen too your advices and will see what other replys i get and wait. But i will see if its possible to change it or something.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
It's plenty big if it works properly. But the parts inside that power supply aren't any good. It may have shipped with just enough power and already degraded a few Percent which now makes it's not powerful enough. It should still be under warranty but I would return it for a better quality one if possible

Feb 17, 2019
It's plenty big if it works properly. But the parts inside that power supply aren't any good. It may have shipped with just enough power and already degraded a few Percent which now makes it's not powerful enough. It should still be under warranty but I would return it for a better quality one if possible
So its nothing wrong with the amoput of watt, its just the specific PSU itself that is bad?