Question My computer crashes when playing video games and watching amazon prime on another monitor.

Aug 30, 2020
This has been an occasional issue I've had for a while and wanted to know if I am wrong in expecting this to work. All I can say is that I do not think its a heating issue last time I investigated this.

OS
Windows 10
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
RAM
16 GB

Motherboard
ASUS Z170-P LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

I really do not know what is causing this. I dont think its a hard drive issue since I have done hard drive checks in the past and have come up with nothing.
Ill say that my computer does have occasional crashing issues but those are wildly inconsistent, and is often enough to be a major concern but I figure its worth mentioning. I got this computer about 4 years ago now and been half considering getting a new better one, but I don't want to build another PC and end up with similar issues. This PC I bought the parts on sale from a NewEgg parts set.

Am I expecting too much from my computer to be able to play Counter Strike GO while watching stuff on Amazon Prime or Netflix?

EDIT:
Here is my speccy snapshot http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ZAQ4dsdxcJfZd5kzcJldw5a

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020
Given your pc specs, that is weird. I don't think watching shows takes up resources enough to impact performance like this at all. Is your power options on "Power Saver"? I can only suspect it's your RAM at this point but 16GB is enough and CSGO is not a intensive game.

Aug 30, 2020
Given your pc specs, that is weird. I don't think watching shows takes up resources enough to impact performance like this at all. Is your power options on "Power Saver"? I can only suspect it's your RAM at this point but 16GB is enough and CSGO is not a intensive game.
I have it set to best performance. If it had something to do with the ram, wouldn't the computer crash when I'm using up almost all of it doing other things? Since I think I've made it pretty high on ram usage and haven't had issues. Then again I could happily test this.

Aug 30, 2020
If I recorded my computer crashing would that help? The screen mostly just freezes and stays crashed until I force the power off.

Last edited: