[SOLVED] My computer doesn't POST after changing CPU

Apr 15, 2020
Hi, I got a new pc today and it has

Aorus Elite 450B motherboard

Ryzen 7 3800x cpu

Gtx 2060 super

2x8 3000mhz cl15 Corsair ram

And my issue is that I put all the parts, besides the 3800x, where I had a Ryzen 5 2600 and did the chipset and bios update so my motherboard could run the CPU. It worked at first and everything booted up, but then when I put in the 3800x the PC wouldn't even have any lights, I put the 2600 back in, but it's still the same! Is my motherboard dead, because the PSU is fine, please someone help!

Solution
Having no cooler would make it less likely to boot, since it might check for cooler fans. Keep the cooler installed. Try unplugging EVERYTHING you do not need. Unplug any extra drives, USB devices, etc. Just plug in the CPU, GPU, and Motherboard power + SATA is you have a sata boot drive. If you have any secondary drives, disconnect them. Put the RAM in the slots 2 and 4, counting left to right. The one closest to the CPU should be empty. Make sure all the PSU plugs are installed all the way, sometimes it feels in, but still needs to go farther. I do not know if this will help, but its all basic troubleshooting steps.
Yes it is

I would try updating your BIOS to F40 and see if that will work maybe you missed something with the updates
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Update AGESA 1.0.0.2 for next Gen. AMD Ryzen™ CPUs full support
Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU.

Your mobo has a group of 4 LEDs that indicate the possible CPU, RAM, VGA or BOOT failure:

21) CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT (Status LEDs)
The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet.
CPU: CPU status LED
DRAM: Memory status LED
VGA: Graphics card status LED
BOOT: Operating system status LED

Is there any led on?

Apr 15, 2020
Your mobo has a group of 4 LEDs that indicate the possible CPU, RAM, VGA or BOOT failure:

The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet.

Is there any led on?
Well I just tried both psus and when I put in ram they make the ram glow, but I did them outside of the case, so it's not the PSU. I'll try to assemble the PC again and tell you the results, I'll place the 2600 in the socket for now

Apr 15, 2020

Is there any led on?
Do I need to boot it on? I can try to see if it will post

Apr 15, 2020
UGH! When I put it all inside the case it's the same, it doesn't have any lights or nothing! By the process of elimination it has to be the cooler, something with the case, or the cables are messed up. Because when I earlier post'd it was out of the case, had minimal wiring and no cooler. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Having no cooler would make it less likely to boot, since it might check for cooler fans. Keep the cooler installed. Try unplugging EVERYTHING you do not need. Unplug any extra drives, USB devices, etc. Just plug in the CPU, GPU, and Motherboard power + SATA is you have a sata boot drive. If you have any secondary drives, disconnect them. Put the RAM in the slots 2 and 4, counting left to right. The one closest to the CPU should be empty. Make sure all the PSU plugs are installed all the way, sometimes it feels in, but still needs to go farther. I do not know if this will help, but its all basic troubleshooting steps.

Solution