Question My computer is crashing from pshed.dll and I don't know what the solution to it crashing is. Help?

Jul 1, 2024
Minidumps:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/nqt0...ey=jn3suaq3a64o0xiz1qzb8g2z8&st=5ff6h7ct&dl=0

Warning:I’m very ignorant and stupid.

• I’ve been having this issue for a while and now only decided to ask for help. I’m on Windows 11.
  • My computer will crash when playing (some) games or trying to record games.
  • On BlueScreen View the bug check code is 0x00000124 which I think is Whea uncorrectable error.
  • I think it’s a CPU issue as I think that pshed.dll+10c0 means it has to do with the amd cpu i have, don’t quote me on that.
  • Also when I upgraded my chipset drivers for my cpu in May it did help reduce the number of crashes even if it didn’t solve the problem.
  • I don’t remember when it first started crashing. I remember i first noticed it sometime in March but it could have been happening earlier, again I don't remember. I will mention I did get malware on December 4th and I somehow dealt with it. It could have potentially damaged something even though I got rid of it.
  • I would have more Minidumps but somewhere at the start of June I cleared my temp files which got rid of the minidump files.
  • The CPU is more specifically a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • I am talking about my cpu but it could potentially be some other issue, I am ignorant.
I don't know what the solution would be. The only things I can think of is CMOS reset, resetting my pc or just getting new hardware. I would like to know what I can do. Hopefully with the minidump files, someone can look at it and tell me what the problem is exactly and what I can do about it. The zipped file contains three minidumps with one being from yesterday. Sorry if I bother anyone.

Jul 1, 2024
I’ve tried DISM/SFC several times throughout the year.
I bought this computer in 2021.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor Vermeer
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  • Gpu Manufacturer: Dell
  • GPU Driver Date 5/7/2024
  • Motherboard Manufacturer: Alienware
  • Motherboard Mode/Chipset:0TYR0X / AMD X570
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz Dual Slot
  • RAM module Manufacturer: Kingston XW21KG-MIE2
  • RAM DRAM Manufacturer: Micron Technology
  • BIOS Version/Date: Alienware 2.8.0 / 3/27/2024
  • Disk 0: pc711 nvme sk hynix 1tb (SSD 1TB)
  • Disk 1: wdc wd10ezex-75w scsi disk device (HDD 1TB)
  • Power Supply: I remember when I bought this computer(Alienware Aurora R10) from dell there was a 550W option and a 1000W option and I chose the 550W one.

I hope I didn’t miss anything.

I just redownloaded Dell Support Assist and it cleared 24Gb of space and optimized files. It tested the hardware and said it was fine.

Checking the Dell website, there is a bios update of critical importance that says it was released on May 06, 2024. When I check what bios update it is, it says 2.8.0, which is what my computer says I have, but the date it says is March 27, 2024 which is confusing.

Last edited:
Minidumps:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/nqt0...ey=jn3suaq3a64o0xiz1qzb8g2z8&st=5ff6h7ct&dl=0

Warning:I’m very ignorant and stupid.

• I’ve been having this issue for a while and now only decided to ask for help. I’m on Windows 11.
  • My computer will crash when playing (some) games or trying to record games.
  • On BlueScreen View the bug check code is 0x00000124 which I think is Whea uncorrectable error.
  • I think it’s a CPU issue as I think that pshed.dll+10c0 means it has to do with the amd cpu i have, don’t quote me on that.
  • Also when I upgraded my chipset drivers for my cpu in May it did help reduce the number of crashes even if it didn’t solve the problem.
  • I don’t remember when it first started crashing. I remember i first noticed it sometime in March but it could have been happening earlier, again I don't remember. I will mention I did get malware on December 4th and I somehow dealt with it. It could have potentially damaged something even though I got rid of it.
  • I would have more Minidumps but somewhere at the start of June I cleared my temp files which got rid of the minidump files.
  • The CPU is more specifically a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • I am talking about my cpu but it could potentially be some other issue, I am ignorant.
I don't know what the solution would be. The only things I can think of is CMOS reset, resetting my pc or just getting new hardware. I would like to know what I can do. Hopefully with the minidump files, someone can look at it and tell me what the problem is exactly and what I can do about it. The zipped file contains three minidumps with one being from yesterday. Sorry if I bother anyone.

what is your gpu im going to give you some fixes that ive used that helped me fix stuttering/video error crashes.

turn of gpu scheduling

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUmZowc4bys

also this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTg_ukr3mUk

this fixed many issues with most of my games and fixed broken drivers.

I’ve tried DISM/SFC several times throughout the year.
I bought this computer in 2021.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor Vermeer
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  • Gpu Manufacturer: Dell
  • GPU Driver Date 5/7/2024
  • Motherboard Manufacturer: Alienware
  • Motherboard Mode/Chipset:0TYR0X / AMD X570
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz Dual Slot
  • RAM module Manufacturer: Kingston XW21KG-MIE2
  • RAM DRAM Manufacturer: Micron Technology
  • BIOS Version/Date: Alienware 2.8.0 / 3/27/2024
  • Disk 0: pc711 nvme sk hynix 1tb (SSD 1TB)
  • Disk 1: wdc wd10ezex-75w scsi disk device (HDD 1TB)
  • Power Supply: I remember when I bought this computer(Alienware Aurora R10) from dell there was a 550W option and a 1000W option and I chose the 550W one.

I hope I didn’t miss anything.

I just redownloaded Dell Support Assist and it cleared 24Gb of space and optimized files. It tested the hardware and said it was fine.

Checking the Dell website, there is a bios update of critical importance that says it was released on May 06, 2024. When I check what bios update it is, it says 2.8.0, which is what my computer says I have, but the date it says is March 27, 2024 which is confusing.
If you run out of things to try bump the psu out to 650w with at least a 7 yr warranty.

Jul 1, 2024
On 7/2/2024 I tried what beyondlogic told me and also updated my Nvidia Drivers. I researched the difference between the game drivers and the studio drivers and learned that the studio drivers were more stable so I switched to that. Didn’t play anything that day though.

On 7/3/2024 I immediately tried playing what I was playing when I crashed last and I was able to play for several hours with no crashes.

On 7/4/2024 I decided to test recording so I tried recording a game. Two minutes into recording, it crashed. So I booted up, ran dism/sfc scans, and restarted.Then I tried to change the settings of the recording software. I wasn’t playing anything and I wasn’t recording either and it crashed a second time. Was literally not doing anything else. So again, booted up and ran dism/sfc scans and restarted again. I tried one more time and I was able to change settings. However, one minute into trying to record a game again it crashed again. After that I just uninstalled the recording software. I played games again to make sure 9/3 wasn’t a fluke. I experienced no crashes the rest of the day.

So what I conclude is that the advice I was given by beyondlogic and changing from game-ready drivers to studio drivers on the gpu fixed my issue and now I just need to find better recording software. Since I always recorded playing games, I assumed that the recording issue and playing game issue was the same. It turns out the recording software was really bad.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice. I uploaded the minidumps from the recording failures to the same minidumps folder on dropbox if you want to look at them. The new one is the 070424 folder. Just use the link from the first message.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead