Question My computer is crashing from pshed.dll and I don't know what the solution to it crashing is. Help?

Jul 1, 2024
Minidumps:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/nqt0...ey=jn3suaq3a64o0xiz1qzb8g2z8&st=5ff6h7ct&dl=0

Warning:I’m very ignorant and stupid.

• I’ve been having this issue for a while and now only decided to ask for help. I’m on Windows 11.
  • My computer will crash when playing (some) games or trying to record games.
  • On BlueScreen View the bug check code is 0x00000124 which I think is Whea uncorrectable error.
  • I think it’s a CPU issue as I think that pshed.dll+10c0 means it has to do with the amd cpu i have, don’t quote me on that.
  • Also when I upgraded my chipset drivers for my cpu in May it did help reduce the number of crashes even if it didn’t solve the problem.
  • I don’t remember when it first started crashing. I remember i first noticed it sometime in March but it could have been happening earlier, again I don't remember. I will mention I did get malware on December 4th and I somehow dealt with it. It could have potentially damaged something even though I got rid of it.
  • I would have more Minidumps but somewhere at the start of June I cleared my temp files which got rid of the minidump files.
  • The CPU is more specifically a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • I am talking about my cpu but it could potentially be some other issue, I am ignorant.
I don't know what the solution would be. The only things I can think of is CMOS reset, resetting my pc or just getting new hardware. I would like to know what I can do. Hopefully with the minidump files, someone can look at it and tell me what the problem is exactly and what I can do about it. The zipped file contains three minidumps with one being from yesterday. Sorry if I bother anyone.

Jul 1, 2024
I’ve tried DISM/SFC several times throughout the year.
I bought this computer in 2021.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor Vermeer
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  • Gpu Manufacturer: Dell
  • GPU Driver Date 5/7/2024
  • Motherboard Manufacturer: Alienware
  • Motherboard Mode/Chipset:0TYR0X / AMD X570
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz Dual Slot
  • RAM module Manufacturer: Kingston XW21KG-MIE2
  • RAM DRAM Manufacturer: Micron Technology
  • BIOS Version/Date: Alienware 2.8.0 / 3/27/2024
  • Disk 0: pc711 nvme sk hynix 1tb (SSD 1TB)
  • Disk 1: wdc wd10ezex-75w scsi disk device (HDD 1TB)
  • Power Supply: I remember when I bought this computer(Alienware Aurora R10) from dell there was a 550W option and a 1000W option and I chose the 550W one.

I hope I didn’t miss anything.

I just redownloaded Dell Support Assist and it cleared 24Gb of space and optimized files. It tested the hardware and said it was fine.

Checking the Dell website, there is a bios update of critical importance that says it was released on May 06, 2024. When I check what bios update it is, it says 2.8.0, which is what my computer says I have, but the date it says is March 27, 2024 which is confusing.

Last edited:
Minidumps:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/nqt0...ey=jn3suaq3a64o0xiz1qzb8g2z8&st=5ff6h7ct&dl=0

Warning:I’m very ignorant and stupid.

• I’ve been having this issue for a while and now only decided to ask for help. I’m on Windows 11.
  • My computer will crash when playing (some) games or trying to record games.
  • On BlueScreen View the bug check code is 0x00000124 which I think is Whea uncorrectable error.
  • I think it’s a CPU issue as I think that pshed.dll+10c0 means it has to do with the amd cpu i have, don’t quote me on that.
  • Also when I upgraded my chipset drivers for my cpu in May it did help reduce the number of crashes even if it didn’t solve the problem.
  • I don’t remember when it first started crashing. I remember i first noticed it sometime in March but it could have been happening earlier, again I don't remember. I will mention I did get malware on December 4th and I somehow dealt with it. It could have potentially damaged something even though I got rid of it.
  • I would have more Minidumps but somewhere at the start of June I cleared my temp files which got rid of the minidump files.
  • The CPU is more specifically a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • I am talking about my cpu but it could potentially be some other issue, I am ignorant.
I don't know what the solution would be. The only things I can think of is CMOS reset, resetting my pc or just getting new hardware. I would like to know what I can do. Hopefully with the minidump files, someone can look at it and tell me what the problem is exactly and what I can do about it. The zipped file contains three minidumps with one being from yesterday. Sorry if I bother anyone.

what is your gpu im going to give you some fixes that ive used that helped me fix stuttering/video error crashes.

turn of gpu scheduling

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUmZowc4bys

also this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTg_ukr3mUk

this fixed many issues with most of my games and fixed broken drivers.

I’ve tried DISM/SFC several times throughout the year.
I bought this computer in 2021.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor Vermeer
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  • Gpu Manufacturer: Dell
  • GPU Driver Date 5/7/2024
  • Motherboard Manufacturer: Alienware
  • Motherboard Mode/Chipset:0TYR0X / AMD X570
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz Dual Slot
  • RAM module Manufacturer: Kingston XW21KG-MIE2
  • RAM DRAM Manufacturer: Micron Technology
  • BIOS Version/Date: Alienware 2.8.0 / 3/27/2024
  • Disk 0: pc711 nvme sk hynix 1tb (SSD 1TB)
  • Disk 1: wdc wd10ezex-75w scsi disk device (HDD 1TB)
  • Power Supply: I remember when I bought this computer(Alienware Aurora R10) from dell there was a 550W option and a 1000W option and I chose the 550W one.

I hope I didn’t miss anything.

I just redownloaded Dell Support Assist and it cleared 24Gb of space and optimized files. It tested the hardware and said it was fine.

Checking the Dell website, there is a bios update of critical importance that says it was released on May 06, 2024. When I check what bios update it is, it says 2.8.0, which is what my computer says I have, but the date it says is March 27, 2024 which is confusing.
If you run out of things to try bump the psu out to 650w with at least a 7 yr warranty.