My computer isn't detecting my hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

emperor piehead

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I just built a computer and i have an ssd and a mechanical hard drive my ssd is working but my computer isn't using the mechanical hard drive i can't find it on device manager. What should i do please respond.

Solution
the best way to check for sure thats its spinning is to put the most sensitive part of the body in on top of the hard drive..if you feel something.. it must be spinning... do it for 5-15 mins just to be sure..its best for an IT to check it physically..knowing whether it spins or not..wouldn't really matter.

dingo07

Distinguished

yes, u start pressing the key as soon as the computer turns off, and continuously as it boots

DrDoctor

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

Does the drive spin up? If you can, try to put your hand on it or listen to it to tell if it spins or not.

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
the best way to check for sure thats its spinning is to put the most sensitive part of the body in on top of the hard drive..if you feel something.. it must be spinning... do it for 5-15 mins just to be sure..its best for an IT to check it physically..knowing whether it spins or not..wouldn't really matter.

Solution

hamburger5003

Reputable
May 25, 2015

I have the same problem. I made it to disk management though, how do I initialize it and assign it a letter?

Let me fix that, I have the same initial problem, the drive is working absolutely fine, when I configure BIOS its says its connected in port 0 and working fine, but when I click start, then computer it won't show up. how do I initialize it and assign a letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.