[SOLVED] My computer keeps crashing at randomly, on startup, and in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepersonwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
I've had this problem for about 2 months now and when it first started, it was just when loading up the computer so after a few tries it was ready to go. Then it started to crash on the agent select of valorant. It was bearable until it started crashing mid-game and up until recently, I cannot even load up any videogames and also crashes a lot at startup. I've tried countless solutions and they've never worked. The BSOD also pops up a few times on startup and here are my specs.
Processor: AMD FX(TM)-6300 Six-Core Processor
RAM: 16 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Operating System: Windows 10
PSU: Thermaltake 600w
The problem might be my PSU is there any way to check?
Let me know if you need more information, If the problem is a faulty pc component, I would like to confirm it before replacing it.

Last edited:

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Two questions. First, does the computer crash only when it's under load, or spiking CPU / GPU usage? Or does it crash even when it's idling / doing mundane tasks? Second, when it crashes while playing games, does it display a BSOD? Or does the computer just turn off / restart?

Thepersonwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
I managed to load valorant and I had a steady temperature of 78 C and to answer your questions, the computer crashes randomly even when there's no task on at the moment. It's very weird, sometimes I manage to load in the game and I can play for a few hours and it won't crash but the next day it'll start crashing again. It only displays a BSOD when it crashes at startup and recently my pc just freezes then after a few seconds it turns off. bought this pc as a prebuilt so I'm not sure what motherboard this is but it might be this :
GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.0) AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.