[SOLVED] My computer keeps crashing

Aug 2, 2020
So recently I built a new computer and it has been crashing quite often. The computer itself does not crash too often, but the games and applications can crash quite often. The screen will often go black for a few seconds and then tell me that there was some error. I've downloaded new drivers and swapped out my PSU, but I still haven't fixed the problem. I've tested my ram and it doesn't seem like there's something wrong with it. I also tried to use the integrated graphics on my CPU and that crashed too. I've also repasted the GPU since it is known to overheat. I've been monitoring temps and they don't seem too high.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: XFX RX 580 8GB
MOBO: A320M-HDV R4.0
PSU: 600W 80+ gold
Ram: 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz

All help is appreciated!

Solution
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check that all connections and card seatings are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force in connections with a new build. So what may have felt tight was not and due to heating and cooling something has come a bit loose.

Next, boot the system and take a look at Reliability History.

There may be some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond to the times of the crashes.

You can also use Event Viewer in much the same manner.

Right-clicking an entry will provide more information.

Ralston18

Titan
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check that all connections and card seatings are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force in connections with a new build. So what may have felt tight was not and due to heating and cooling something has come a bit loose.

Next, boot the system and take a look at Reliability History.

There may be some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond to the times of the crashes.

You can also use Event Viewer in much the same manner.

Right-clicking an entry will provide more information.

Solution