[SOLVED] My computer keeps freezing completely, without any reason.

markfinta

Commendable
Jan 10, 2018
I have my computer since 2015, so it is not the best, but it never had a problem like this before. It completely freezes, while gaming, or while idle, does not matter. When it freezes, the one last sound will be repeated constantly, very fast, like a fan. It started doing this when a new windows update came, a long time ago (cannot remember the correct update version) and I thought it must be a windows error. Later they said that the windows patch really is a bad one, so I got help from my friends who also had this problem. It worked for them, but not for me. And it was also after when I changed my Graphics card form an AMD Radeon R9 280X to an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Since the first freeze happen, I cannot determine what causes the freezing. I checked a lot of websites for help, I asked a lot of friends if they have any ideas, but nothing helped. I tried to stress test the cpu and the gpu as well, but nothing happened. I tried installing later versions of drivers too. I even changed my thermal paste, because some even said it could be that, and after everything failed. I reinstalled the whole win 10 system, but it did not work and now I am kind of hopeless. I would be glad to have any kind of advice that anyone can provide. I can provide every detail about my tries as well as my config.

Thank you in advance

Solution
I have same problem too b4 this not only freeze it also can't do when I click alt +Ctrl + delete nothing happen n still freeze..

My ram..PSU.. GPU...CMOS.. all already check n it work fine.

N then I made decision to put some new thermal paste in on my CPU.. after that more worst come.. computer start n after 1 sec it off... On n off ... At the end I found that my Mobo was faulty.. mayb because of my 1st time doing it change the thermal paste got some damage when I put the CPU in the Mobo not correctly fit in.

I think MAYBE it happen because CPU overheat? Or bad Mobo. Gdluck. (English bad sorry)
Apr 14, 2020
Hey 👋 I had the same problems (freezing for no reason). Mine turned out to be a bad mobo. Make sure you run all the usual ram, cpu, and gpu test to make sure those arent the culprit.

renzoken84

Reputable
Mar 5, 2016
I have same problem too b4 this not only freeze it also can't do when I click alt +Ctrl + delete nothing happen n still freeze..

My ram..PSU.. GPU...CMOS.. all already check n it work fine.

N then I made decision to put some new thermal paste in on my CPU.. after that more worst come.. computer start n after 1 sec it off... On n off ... At the end I found that my Mobo was faulty.. mayb because of my 1st time doing it change the thermal paste got some damage when I put the CPU in the Mobo not correctly fit in.

I think MAYBE it happen because CPU overheat? Or bad Mobo. Gdluck. (English bad sorry)

Solution

markfinta

Commendable
Jan 10, 2018
Hey 👋 I had the same problems (freezing for no reason). Mine turned out to be a bad mobo. Make sure you run all the usual ram, cpu, and gpu test to make sure those arent the culprit.
Hello, I tried to stress test every part of the computer with AIDA 64 Extreme, And now I start to believe it will be a bad mobo.