[SOLVED] My computer will not boot when adding additional power sata cables to extra hdd/ssd.

Aug 12, 2021
I have a custom built computer that I built a few years back. Recently I have tried to add a couple HDD and an SSD I had around, but when I connect my power cable from the PSU to the HDD/SSD the computer will not boot. I have a cd player installed and it is able to run, and I have one HDD installed and the computer boots up just fine. It's when I try to add in the extra two drives the pc will not start up. I have enough power in my PSU to run all three, and I've tried using multiple different cables. Any help with this issue will be much appreciated. If any more information is needed please comment.
Specs:
Motherboard - MSI A88XM Gaming
CPU - A10 7850K AMD A-series
Socket - FM2+
Memory - x2 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB
Speed - DDR3
Storage - Toshiba 1TB HDD, Toshiba 3TB HDD, PNY 500GB SSD
GPU - AMD Radeon R9 270X
PSU - EVGA 1000GQ
OS - Linux (Unbuntu)

Aug 12, 2021
What does that mean?
Explain, what is happening, when you start the pc.
My power cable that connects from my PSU to my HDD or SSD, I already have one HDD and CD player connected. My pc will boot up with just these two devices connected. When I try to connect an addition power cable in my SATA 2 port on my PSU and connect it to an extra HDD/SSD the pc will not boot.

Aug 12, 2021
Are you sure the power cable you are using is for this power supply and not another power supply you have?
Ya know, I could've sworn I kept all of my cables separated and organized, but turns out on of my other cables from my old PSU slipped into the bunch of cables for my new PSU and I somehow managed to grab the only different cable that does not belong and used it. Thank you for bring this to light.