Question My computer won’t boot up (nothing display even bios) after i put m.2 nvme into my motherboard

Dec 15, 2020
My computer won’t boot up (nothing display even bios) after i put m.2 nvme into my motherboard

I can boot the window up normally if remove the m.2 ssd from my mainboard I also updated latest bios version (3.60)
I already try another output from my mainboard and my vga no one is working :(

Specs
MB: Asrock b450m steel legend
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
I’m using 1 slot of PCIe with my VGA card: SAPPHIRE PULSE RX580 4G (PCIe 3.0 x16)
PSU: Aerocool 500W 80+ White
SSD: WD Black SN750 500GB
(I checked with another mainboard its working correctly)

I already checked all ram slots all of my cable plugged in to the mainboard (cpu,24pin)
If I remove the m.2 my computer can boot up into the bios or window correctly
I’m using the m2_1 m.2 slot that isn’t sharing with another sata port

Last edited:
Your issue is probably not this but your BIOS version 3.60P is not made for your CPU. Read the yellow text in the BIOS download page.

The last BIOS for your CPU is version 2.50. You cannot use the other one over that since they are not recommended to be used with a Summit Ridge CPU like yours.

Reactions: Xeonvity
Dec 15, 2020
Your issue is probably not this but your BIOS version 3.60P is not made for your CPU. Read the yellow text in the BIOS download page.

The last BIOS for your CPU is version 2.50. You cannot use the other one over that since they are not recommended to be used with a Summit Ridge CPU like yours.
I tried to downgrade my bios to 2.50 the problem still have if i plugged my m.2 ssd to my mb

Thanks for tried to help

Last edited:
Should I claim my mainboard?
You can ask ASRock to replace your motherboard, but if the board is not faulty you will be right back where you started, no display with the new SSD.

You did not answer my earlier question, are you using a second drive? You do not have more than one drive in your parts list.
When you boot your new SN750 SSD, is there another drive connected at the same time?

Dec 15, 2020
You can ask ASRock to replace your motherboard, but if the board is not faulty you will be right back where you started, no display with the new SSD.

You did not answer my earlier question, are you using a second drive? You do not have more than one drive in your parts list.
When you boot your new SN750 SSD, is there another drive connected at the same time?

I have the 1 wd green ssd sata 240GB that i use to boot to window and 1tb harddisk connected.
I tried to unplug both sata and try to boot to bios with just m.2 plugged in but nothing showed up.

I disabled fast boot
The first boot priority is window boot manager from the wd-green sata ssd

I have the 1 wd green ssd sata 240GB that i use to boot to window and 1tb harddisk connected.
I tried to unplug both sata and try to boot to bios with just m.2 plugged in but nothing showed up.

I disabled fast boot
The first boot priority is window boot manager from the wd-green sata ssd
Have you tried booting with only the SN750 SSD connected, and no other drives, to see if the new SSD appears in the BIOS?

TRENDING THREADS