[SOLVED] My Cpu is acting weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedry

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
I have an issue with my cpu, i have to downcore-controll it so it uses 4 cores instead of 8, otherwise i cant get further than after the bios.

Let me explain more detailed.

First scenario, if i use all my eight cores my pc boots as usual. I can acces the bios, change anything and so on, everything seems fine... Well, if i try to boot my pc into windows or anything really, like windows media creation tool (i tried it too see if the same issue appeared) it just shows "no input signal" on my screen.

Second scenario, If i try donwcore-controll to use six cores my pc boots as usual again. Like before i can acces my bios and change whatever as if everything is going just fine.
Now, the weird part is that this time instead of giving me that "no input signal" message on my monitor, i get a bluescreen from windows.

Third and final scenario, if i boot with four cores, all works well, i can boot into windows, play games, use my pc to what i usually use it for, just with half the core count of my cpu wich kinda sucks since it hardcore bottlenecks my other components.

My system:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
MB: Asus TUF B450M-Pro
GPU: Msi 2080S
RAM: TridentZ 3200mhz 16GB

1. I did not find any Asus TUF B450M-Pro motherboard on Asus website
  2. There is Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming and here is the link to CPU/bios. There is no bios version 2006. You may want to verify what you have.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/
2006 is indeed the latest version capable of running the R5 2600...the list you have linked shows the minimum BIOS version that supports that CPU. If you click on the 'Go' link beside the R5 2600, it will show you the link for downloading BIOS 2006.

@pedry, have you tried a CMOS reset?

pedry

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
2006 is indeed the latest version capable of running the R5 2600...the list you have linked shows the minimum BIOS version that supports that CPU. If you click on the 'Go' link beside the R5 2600, it will show you the link for downloading BIOS 2006.

@pedry, have you tried a CMOS reset?
G man, thanks for saving me the time to check and explanation there...
Pluss, i dont think that the bios, wich all it really does in this case is finding the operating system, has an impact on why my cpu is not working.

Still, i tried going back a bios version, same issue... Just extremly confused why my cpu acts this way :/

G man, thanks for saving me the time to check and explanation there...
Pluss, i dont think that the bios, wich all it really does in this case is finding the operating system, has an impact on why my cpu is not working.

Still, i tried going back a bios version, same issue... Just extremly confused why my cpu acts this way :/
Have you tried updating the motherboard chipset drivers? They're available on the official motherboard website.

pedry

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
do a fresh os install?
Like i said, I tried to use Windows media creation tool, and the same <Mod Edit> happens. I couldnt even reinstall the os. I guess i could if i downcore, but id rather go all the other ways before reinstalling my os pluss id like to be able to use wmct with my cores :/

I mean, if the os is the issue, and wmct doesnt work, whats the chanses that another newly installed os will work... Whats wrong with wmct?

Last edited by a moderator:

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Dont use Windows Media Creation Tool.

Get another computer.
1.) Download Rufus.
2.) Download Win10 iso.
Install Windows 10 using Rufus on USB Stick.

Go back to your computer. Plugin the USB.. Turn it on and Spam the Boot Manager. I think its F11 its somewhere there or ESC. Go check manual find that button.

After you get there.. Select the USB and boom fresh clean.

pedry

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
Dont use Windows Media Creation Tool.

Get another computer.
1.) Download Rufus.
2.) Download Win10 iso.
Install Windows 10 using Rufus on USB Stick.

Go back to your computer. Plugin the USB.. Turn it on and Spam the Boot Manager. I think its F11 its somewhere there or ESC. Go check manual find that button.

After you get there.. Select the USB and boom fresh clean.
Is there any valid way of doing this "test" to see if its the os, without loosing my data? like just launching linux from a usb stick and see if that works?

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Is there any valid way of doing this "test" to see if its the os, without loosing my data? like just launching linux from a usb stick and see if that works?

Dont think that would be possible..cuz your going to run everything on ram then.
I Suggest get another hd and back up your file using linux. at least in the future you have a back up data incase your own HD fail.

pedry

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
Dont think that would be possible..cuz your going to run everything on ram then.
I Suggest get another hd and back up your file using linux. at least in the future you have a back up data incase your own HD fail.
I thought only Tails linux ran its system on ram, do the other linux distros do that too? I just wana see if my cpu can boot in a different OS or some sht, just want to figure this stuff out.

pedry

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
I thought only Tails linux ran its system on ram, do the other linux distros do that too? I just wana see if my cpu can boot in a different OS or some sht, just want to figure this stuff out.
I was unable to boot in linux with 8 cores :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS