[SOLVED] my cpu is getting overclocked and changing its clock itself

Aug 6, 2020
i have a ryzen 5 3600 with base clock of 3.6 Ghz and in bios it is set to 3.6 only but in task manager and other apps its shows its running at around 3.9-4.0,(keeps flucruating.) my cpu is getting hot i cant find a way to get it to run at 3.6ghz please help! my motherboard is msi b450 tomahawk max and i had downloaded dragon center( i heard it overrides bios settings ) but now i uninstalled and its still overclocked. Please help!

Solution
1.Open Windows settings and click on 'system'
2.On the left, click on 'power and sleep' then click on 'additional power settings'
3.It then has a list of power plans.I use AMD Ryzen balanced. then click on 'change plan settings.'
4.then click on 'change advanced power settings' a little window will pop up saying 'power options'
5.scroll down to where it says 'processer power management' and click on the little '+' sign
6.click the little '+' where it says 'maximum processer state' and change it to '99%' then press 'apply' and 'ok'
i have a ryzen 5 3600 with base clock of 3.6 Ghz and in bios it is set to 3.6 only but in task manager and other apps its shows its running at around 3.9-4.0,(keeps flucruating.) my cpu is getting hot i cant find a way to get it to run at 3.6ghz please help! my motherboard is msi b450 tomahawk max and i had downloaded dragon center( i heard it overrides bios settings ) but now i uninstalled and its still overclocked. Please help!
Go to your Power Plan in control panel ad set maximum processor state to less that 100% (99% for instance) and it should stay at base frequency.

Reactions: kurdtnz
1.Open Windows settings and click on 'system'
2.On the left, click on 'power and sleep' then click on 'additional power settings'
3.It then has a list of power plans.I use AMD Ryzen balanced. then click on 'change plan settings.'
4.then click on 'change advanced power settings' a little window will pop up saying 'power options'
5.scroll down to where it says 'processer power management' and click on the little '+' sign
6.click the little '+' where it says 'maximum processer state' and change it to '99%' then press 'apply' and 'ok'

Solution