Question My cpu is underperforming ryzen 5 4600h mobile.

Aug 4, 2021
I have asus a 17 tuf 2020,8gb ram ,1td hdd,ryzen 5 4600h , nivida 1650.
For some reason gpu and cpu is not working 100% ,cpu is stuck at 0.39 clock speed and only utilisation 13% even in stress test same with GPU its 300 MHz. I have tried sfc scan , reinstall windows 10 64bit , downloading oem drivers then lastest drivers from amd and nivida website. Nothing works.

Aug 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this the laptop you're in possession of? If so, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? By reinstalling the OS, did you refabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?
Eve
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this the laptop you're in possession of? If so, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? By reinstalling the OS, did you refabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?
Only difference in the laptop you mention is I have 1650 only . I reinstall within windows 10 reset option. I don't know about refabricate.

Atharva_2001

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
I am also facing the same issue with my laptop with ryzen 4600h. Clock speed stuck at 0.39GHz. It works as normal when on battery. This problem only arises when using it while it's plugged in. I updated the chipset driver from the amd site. Now the clock speed stays at 3GHz ish for a while and back to 0.39 in a up down manner (if that makes sense).

Capture.png

I think it's something to do with windows. I am going to try and install ubuntu and check the clock speeds. if they still persist in same manner then there must be a hardware issue(I hope not).

If someone finds answer to this. it would be really helpful.

Aug 4, 2021
I am also facing the same issue with my laptop with ryzen 4600h. Clock speed stuck at 0.39GHz. It works as normal when on battery. This problem only arises when using it while it's plugged in. I updated the chipset driver from the amd site. Now the clock speed stays at 3GHz ish for a while and back to 0.39 in a up down manner (if that makes sense).

Capture.png

I think it's something to do with windows. I am going to try and install ubuntu and check the clock speeds. if they still persist in same manner then there must be a hardware issue(I hope not).

If someone finds answer to this. it would be really helpful.
I take my laptop to service center they change the harddrive and it's working again. I don't understand the relation of hdd to this problem.