[SOLVED] My DisplayPort will not show up as "active" and neither will my HDMI cable ?

Nov 25, 2021
So I just finished building my gaming pc yesterday but when I go turn it on my pc I see that every fan spinning, every rgb light turnt on so I look over to my monitor nothing happens (keep in mind I have everything plugged firmly such as my dp into the graphics card and HDMI into the graphics) so I have to turn on my monitor manually an next thing I know I get a blatant message saying my dp and HDMI are inactive when its clearly plugged in. My keyboard and mouse don't respond either.

I watched a lot of Youtube and a lot of other forums videos explaining that I need to just unplug from the source so I do that multiple times nothing happens so I use another solution like taking out my ram and placing it back in, nothing happens so then I try an do another solution on which I think will work an it's taking out the CMOS battery for a hard reset considering I might have something that I might need to clear out because I got my motherboard from microcenter as an open box option, nothing happens and to top that while the CMOS battery was out for awhile the video I watch stated that I can use my screwdriver to connect the two pins (the one on my ASUS motherboard says CLRTC) to try and short them, nothing happens.

I am confused to why people will think I could be my graphics card because I looked below and the fans are spinning perfectly, the condition is perfect and its a 30 series so then you might think it could be my motherboard but keep in mind my motherboard has a small light on the bottom right that displays its name and also my motherboard an my ethernet cable that's plugged right above the dp and HDMI has a yellow light that might display that its on and working. That's all I got for now but it would mean so much to mean if any expert can pursue my issue and help me solve it asap, Thank You.

Solution
Try diferent cables hdmi or displayport keep switching the port of the graphic card and the monitor I had this same problem or check everything is connected where it should if nothing maybe tell a friend to try gpu on his computer make sure you completely turn off the pc every time you switch a diferent port
Jun 28, 2021
Try diferent cables hdmi or displayport keep switching the port of the graphic card and the monitor I had this same problem or check everything is connected where it should if nothing maybe tell a friend to try gpu on his computer make sure you completely turn off the pc every time you switch a diferent port

Solution