Question My download speed suddenly dropped after a download ?

Jan 5, 2022
So yesterday I was playing some games and downloaded the realtek driver in the background, then restarted my pc as it asked of me, then I downloaded ''Driver Booster 3'' to see what else I can update and updated what was there to update, after restarting my pc again my download speed went from the usual like 20+ or whatever to 0.24 average and my upload speed remained around 30. The Wi-Fi Is still perfectly fine and im guessing it has something to do with my pc because of that. I can easily watch Youtube and browse the web but I cant syncronize my Steam nor Ubisoft data nor can I connect to iTunes. Im guessing its some software issue since this has never happened and yesterday/today is the first time.
ty for any tips in advance <3

P.s: my pc is running on windows 11

edit:
so ive found this photo of what got updated:
List of what got updated

Last edited:
Do you have a actual list of the things you updated. Can you try to use the old drivers. These automatic tools make it real easy to get your machine messed up. If they just gave you a list and let you update 1 by 1 then it would be fine but when you do a bunch at the same time you never know which caused the problem.
Does this install any other software. This is acting like one of those many silly so called game accelerators you see bundled with motherboards. It is the dumbest thing ever because it can only affect the delays between traffic INSIDE the machine not traffic outside. If you have a network bottleneck inside your machine you are doing something stupid other than just trying to play games on the machine.

Hard to say when you don't really know what was changed or installed.

Many times it is easier to just reinstall windows and then do it more carefully the second time.

Jan 5, 2022
Do you have a actual list of the things you updated. Can you try to use the old drivers. These automatic tools make it real easy to get your machine messed up. If they just gave you a list and let you update 1 by 1 then it would be fine but when you do a bunch at the same time you never know which caused the problem.
Does this install any other software. This is acting like one of those many silly so called game accelerators you see bundled with motherboards. It is the dumbest thing ever because it can only affect the delays between traffic INSIDE the machine not traffic outside. If you have a network bottleneck inside your machine you are doing something stupid other than just trying to play games on the machine.

Hard to say when you don't really know what was changed or installed.

Many times it is easier to just reinstall windows and then do it more carefully the second time.

I put in an image of what drivers got downloaded i hope that the problem could have something to do with any of those c.c

none look like they would be a issue but obviously one of them is. Do you know where the program got the actual drivers from.

I would try to go to the realtek site and manually get the latest driver for your card and try that and see if you get lucky.

This problem is why I only update drivers when I have some issue......and I have now made sure windows does not load device drivers after it loaded a video driver that gave me a black screen on boot.

Jan 5, 2022
ye ok ill take that advice for the future, luckily the ''driver boster'' software had a feature to recover to older versions of windows even if corrupted so i just recovered my pc to then and that solved it. still thanks for trying to help <3