My first Build? Any good?

mottjester

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kRgHf8

I have been pc gaming for 5 years now and only used a pre built pc, I have finally brought all the stuff for my first build, only thing brand New is the case, motherboard and graphics card the rest is from eBay! Is this a decent build and have I bagged myself a steel of a deal or not :3

Solution
That motherboard won't overclock your CPU. I suggest you change it to a Z270 motherboard so you can take advantage of your overclockable CPU. The rest are looking good. You should be careful about the GPU pricing though, as the mining of cryptocurrency has skyrocketed the price of GPUs. You should really research more find the best deal you can before straightout buying it.

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
That motherboard won't overclock your CPU. I suggest you change it to a Z270 motherboard so you can take advantage of your overclockable CPU. The rest are looking good. You should be careful about the GPU pricing though, as the mining of cryptocurrency has skyrocketed the price of GPUs. You should really research more find the best deal you can before straightout buying it.

Solution
The time to ask questions is BEFORE you buy.

That said, I understand that when buying on ebay, that is hard to do.

If buying new, I would have done differently.

I do not know your prices, but I suspect you did OK.

If you are buying ram, consider carefully how much you might want in the future and buy that capacity now.
Do not buy a single 8gb stick and think you can add another one later.
Ram needs to be matched which is why only kits are supported.
If you go 8gb now, be prepared to sell it later when you want 2 x 8gb
Your motherboard has only 2 ram slots.

The GTX1060 is about the strongest your 430w psu will support.
The 7700K is strong enough to run a much stronger card is you ever want a graphics upgrade.
To upgrade the graphics card, plan on replacing the psu. I might have bought a 550-650w psu in the first place.

GPU prices are crazy; no way for me to tell if you could have done better.
A used graphics card from a reliable seller is ok with me.
I sell mu old card on ebay whenever I upgrade, and my buyer always gets good value.

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013

Its going to be really hard to find one cheaper and brand new due to cryptocurrency craze, I would honestly say almost impossible at the moment. You could go for a GTX 1050 or 1050Ti if you can find a good deal. But yeah, aside from that, you are out of luck for GTX 1060.