Feb 24, 2006
Assalam o Alikum
Hello
I have a system who configurations are
Gigabyte 7VKML board
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
2 x 256 MB 266 DDR memory module

2 months earlier my mother board received some repairs
1- The power socket on the mother board was changes as the previous socket was melt down
2- 4 Voltage regulator capacitors for CPS were replace as the old capacitors were showing leakage

I change the power supply as I suspected it was faulty as it melt down the power connector on motherboard.

Well the system works fine but not it won't boot.
It is completely dead.
I have a diagnostic card which display post code and some led shows the voltages and one led is for BIOS read .. It blinks when ever the processor reads form BIOS.

Now the system won't boot … it give on post beeps and even no post codes are shown on diagnostic cards.. And the BIOS read led never blinks…
I check the power output from power supply form multi meter and it is perfect.
I also check the CMOS battery and it is perfect..
I am trying to run the system with only mother board and cpu installed but it is completely dead..

I have no clue what is wrong with it.. Is it the BIOS??
The bios installed on the board is 686 AMIBIOS BZ10 9185 and it is solded not socketed ..
Or is it the repair, that is causing problem? The capacitor which were replaced look absolutely fine
Please help me …
Tell me HOW CAN I POSIABALLY CHECK WHAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM. EVEN THE DIAGNOSTIC CARD FAILS TO HELP ME :(

Wasay Khan

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
...I am trying to run the system with only mother board and cpu installed but it is completely dead..
You must have at minimum the motherboard, cpu, video (integrated or a card) and at least one stick of ram in order to POST.

31computers

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
It sounds like the motherboard is shorting through the case.

Most likely cause of this situation is the motherboard being grounded by a misplaced mounting post. Check to make sure all the posts line up with all the holes in the motherboard, and remove any posts that don't.