[SOLVED] My game takes too long to load in and when I look at the task manager its using half as much RAM as my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_bubb1

Reputable
Sep 16, 2017
I have corsair vengeance 16gb 3000hz and for some reason loading time on certain games and maps like tarkov take way too long. It takes like 3x the time of my friend who has 2666hz ram. Is there anything I can do to fix this? When loading I have also noticed that the disk goes to 100%.

Solution
I think the other drive was my external hard drive that I was going to use to files on it. I was going to fully reset windows do you think that would help?
Your hard drive is failing, the userbenchmark didn't tell me as much info as i needed to determine what justquant did, which is that your HDD is failing. Look at the screenshot you provided where it says Reallocated Sectors count. Those numbers are an indication that the drive is failing. The sectors on the drive hold your data and when sectors become corrupted or damaged, the drive tries moving them to an undamaged sector. This is why the load times are so slow, because the data is fragmented on the drive platters.

You need to move your important data off the...
I have corsair vengeance 16gb 3000hz and for some reason loading time on certain games and maps like tarkov take way too long. It takes like 3x the time of my friend who has 2666hz ram. Is there anything I can do to fix this? When loading I have also noticed that the disk goes to 100%.
List your system specs. Maybe also run userbenchmark and post the results webpage in a replay. I suspect your issue is your HDD or SSD and not the ram.

My specs are:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM:
16.00GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard:
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. A320M-S2H V2-CF (AM4)
Graphics:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB (ASUS)

This is what i got on user benchmark https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/714158990568980563/738093455548350464/unknown.png
You should post the results web-page link directly, you don't need to take a screenshot. I need the entire page because it has the system and benchmark information I'm looking for.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Try getting an SSD to replace your HDD whenever possible. Your current HDD may be failing. How long have you had it for?

Run CrystalDiskInfo and post a screenshot of the entire window here. Make the window large enough to show all the values.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Yeah, I wouldn't trust my data with this drive. It's living its last moments. As I said, save up and go for an SSD whenever possible. Make backups.

I am also concerned about your other drive's health status being "Bad".

I think the other drive was my external hard drive that I was going to use to files on it. I was going to fully reset windows do you think that would help?
Your hard drive is failing, the userbenchmark didn't tell me as much info as i needed to determine what justquant did, which is that your HDD is failing. Look at the screenshot you provided where it says Reallocated Sectors count. Those numbers are an indication that the drive is failing. The sectors on the drive hold your data and when sectors become corrupted or damaged, the drive tries moving them to an undamaged sector. This is why the load times are so slow, because the data is fragmented on the drive platters.

You need to move your important data off the drive as soon as possible and get a new SSD or HDD.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS