gligaugandastrong

Reputable
Feb 24, 2018
So i have a new computer with these spec:
3.10ghz AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
4.00GB of RAM
64-bit Operating System Windows 7
710mb Nvidia Graphics card

And i downloaded Steam and i installed Garry's Mod first,so when i got into the game, the game lagged like hell i had around 7 fps barely,So my friend told me to download this game called "Paladins" he said he runs it at 60 fps with everything set to high and he has 2.80 ghz and 2 gb of RAM. So i installed the game thinking it will run at least 100fps but it ran with 10 fps with everything set to low.I don't know why is this happening,does temperature while gaming has to do with lag ? Can someone please help ?

Solution
If you have not aired out the system lately, I'd suggest doing so(in case there's excessive dust buildup). It would also be a good idea to remove the side panel and verify that all your fans are operating properly. Considering the age of the CPU & GPU, I'd also recommend replacing thermal paste as that stuff generally starts to break down/degrade over time.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I'm sorry, that's not a "decent pc spec". That CPU is a decade old. You can't compare frequencies between CPUs with different architectures. A modern dual core 3 GHz CPU is way more powerful than that one.

Also, what's the actual model of the Nvidia graphics card?

gligaugandastrong

Reputable
Feb 24, 2018

Man i don't think that's the issue here,i'm trying to load really low spec games,for example gta san andreas lags with resolution over 1200x 600+
I'm pasting here everything about my graohics card..I think

Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405
DAC type:Integradet RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 1065mb
Current display 1440x900
Monitor : Generic PnP Monitor

gligaugandastrong

Reputable
Feb 24, 2018

Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405
DAC type:Integradet RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 1065mb
Current display 1440x900
Monitor : Generic PnP Monitor

gligaugandastrong

Reputable
Feb 24, 2018

around 20 fps resolution is something 1200x728 i think, i think the issue is overheating,while gaming i sometimes have 80 degrees celsius,when im not in game and not doing anything the heat is at 40-50 degrees celsius.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
If you have not aired out the system lately, I'd suggest doing so(in case there's excessive dust buildup). It would also be a good idea to remove the side panel and verify that all your fans are operating properly. Considering the age of the CPU & GPU, I'd also recommend replacing thermal paste as that stuff generally starts to break down/degrade over time.

Solution