Question My Gaming Performance Decrease Every Year

WiSurvive98

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
My PC Spec:

i7-3770
GTX 1060 3GB Zotac
DDR3 10GB

I just installed Battlefield V again after years not playing it, but i notice that my BFV setting are set on ALL LOW, even set "Min Latency" or "High Latency" setting have same result

I don't know exactly the year, but about a year or 2 years ago, my PC can handle BFV on mix High and Medium Setting, even those "Min Latency" or "High Latency" setting offer me on Medium setting,
and also my PC can handle BF2042 on Low setting but really smooth, just a very small lag happen sometimes, but now? Dang, BF2042 are unplayable on my PC

i clean it, replace thermal paste after a month. both my processor and my gpu
what happen to my PC?

Solution
Thankyou guys for all the respons,

I think i figure it out, i uninstalled my current GPU Driver, the newest one, and then download version 546.29, and then BAM! those "Min Latency" and "High Latency" offer me Medium setting again,

That "Mouse Jitter" gone, no more random laggy, especially on Fjell map, smooth as butter on Medium setting

WiSurvive98

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Updates and patches may have made them more demanding. How old is your windows install? Regardless, if you can afford to do so, I would recommend getting a new system.
Oh yes, i also notice this, I have Monster Hunter Rise and Battlefield 5, both of them run smoothly before i update my GPU Driver, but when i update it:

1. When i launch MHR, it run Compiling Shader EVERY TIME i launch it, they said it only need run once, but it happen every time i launch the game after i update GPU Driver

2. Battlefield 5 have some... what is it called? "Mouse Jitter" i think? so the cursor randomly laggy, but only the cursor, not the graphic, it makes the game hard to aim, happen too on BF2042 when i test it,

I want to downgrade the GPU Driver but i forgot which version doesn't have that problem

Aaahhh... marketing purpose maybe? So i need to gamble, searching GPU Drive that suit for my GPU?
Well there's also evidence that proves otherwise, but the most common reasons why older, supported hardware doesn't see any performance improvement or may drop off is because less attention is given to it software wise. So if there's say a bug that causes performance issues, it may not be addressed.

You'd have to do a lot of testing to verify though.

logainofhades

Titan
My response was more to game updates and patches. It's not uncommon for a game update to affect system requirements. I experience this often as a WoW player, as every expansion the system requirements go up, and typically get a new one every two years or so. I believe Cyberpunk system requirements went up, on it's last major update too.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Fixing security vulnerabilities in games, anti-cheat changes, adding assets and models to the game. All are things a game might add that require more CPU or GPU processing power over time.

You are already just above the minimum system requirements for BFV to start with, so any small change requiring more performance is going to hit you pretty hard.

Reactions: logainofhades
My PC Spec:

i7-3770
GTX 1060 3GB Zotac
DDR3 10GB

I just installed Battlefield V again after years not playing it, but i notice that my BFV setting are set on ALL LOW, even set "Min Latency" or "High Latency" setting have same result

I don't know exactly the year, but about a year or 2 years ago, my PC can handle BFV on mix High and Medium Setting, even those "Min Latency" or "High Latency" setting offer me on Medium setting,
and also my PC can handle BF2042 on Low setting but really smooth, just a very small lag happen sometimes, but now? Dang, BF2042 are unplayable on my PC

i clean it, replace thermal paste after a month. both my processor and my gpu
what happen to my PC?

as the game gets more polished and more patches are introduced e.g more maps etc they may be higher quality then the original.

other thing to note that your hardware is in the min spec range not the recomended requirements

recomended
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X/Intel Core i7 4790
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon™ RX 580 8GB
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 50 GB available space

mini

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD FX-8350/ Core i5 6600K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1050 / NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon™ RX 560 / HD 7850 2GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 50 GB available space

what windows version are you running

WiSurvive98

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020

I think i figure it out, i uninstalled my current GPU Driver, the newest one, and then download version 546.29, and then BAM! those "Min Latency" and "High Latency" offer me Medium setting again,

That "Mouse Jitter" gone, no more random laggy, especially on Fjell map, smooth as butter on Medium setting

Reactions: hotaru.hino
Solution

So now comes the question of whether or not to just stay with this version, or hope a future version will fix whatever was causing the problem you were having.

If it were me, I'd just stay with that version. Drivers don't really improve anything unless where it specifically says it does.

TRENDING THREADS