My Gigabyte gtx 1060 3gb is bottlenecking my i5 3570k

aHrdank

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hello! I have a i5-3570k and a newly bought Gigabyte gtx 1060 and my cpu is bottlenecking. And from my research a 1060 shouldn't bottleneck a i5 3570K. Im just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening. I have a MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard

Before my 1060 i had a 560 ti and i got more fps with that card than i do with my 1060 on some games. Like csgo and other cpu demanding games.

My 1060 is bottlenecking my i5 3570k. When i check task manager i can see on e.x csgo that i have 95% - 100% CPU usage. While when i had my 560 ti i would have between 70%-80%

Solution
need more info but your CPU should not bottleneck your GPU as long as your gaming at 1080P or better. if you want to check your CPUs maximum frame rate in any game you need to lower all graphics settings and resolution as low as they go. the frame rate you get then is the CPU's maximum frame rate. It should be capable of said frame rate at any resolution and graphics settings ASSUMING your GPU is strong enough.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
need more info but your CPU should not bottleneck your GPU as long as your gaming at 1080P or better. if you want to check your CPUs maximum frame rate in any game you need to lower all graphics settings and resolution as low as they go. the frame rate you get then is the CPU's maximum frame rate. It should be capable of said frame rate at any resolution and graphics settings ASSUMING your GPU is strong enough.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS