Question My gpu is underperforming, any help?

NoahxX

Commendable
Feb 5, 2020
So, i'm really getting sick of this, every game that I play, I get FPS drops, the % of fps is around 40 to 50, here is an example of it: on Rust, i have graphics set to medium preset, using a 1024x768 resolution, I have no radeon chill setting on, and the gpu is on turbo preset tho, and I get these results that you can see on this image:
unknown.png

My specs:
GPU: ASUS Rog Strix RX Vega 64 OC 8GB HBM2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz "Overclocked" to 3.7GHz (stock cooler)
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengance LPX 2666mhz 4GB + 1x Teamgroup Delta T-Force 2666mhz 4GB (12GB in total)
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M Gaming3
PSU: Corsair CX750M 80+ Bronze
SSD: Kingston 128GB (Rust is installed here)
HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda Green 1TB

So, i'm really getting sick of this, every game that I play, I get FPS drops, the % of fps is around 40 to 50, here is an example of it: on Rust, i have graphics set to medium preset, using a 1024x768 resolution, I have no radeon chill setting on, and the gpu is on turbo preset tho, and I get these results that you can see on this image:
unknown.png

My specs:
GPU: ASUS Rog Strix RX Vega 64 OC 8GB HBM2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz "Overclocked" to 3.7GHz (stock cooler)
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengance LPX 2666mhz 4GB + 1x Teamgroup Delta T-Force 2666mhz 4GB (12GB in total)
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M Gaming3
PSU: Corsair CX750M 80+ Bronze
SSD: Kingston 128GB (Rust is installed here)
HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda Green 1TB
That’s Rust, lol. Is your overall system memory usage 10GB? Your RAM performance is taking a hit since you have 3 sticks vs 2 or 4 and it’s 2666mhz. Have you tried running a userbenchmark?

NoahxX

Commendable
Feb 5, 2020
That’s Rust, lol. Is your overall system memory usage 10GB? Your RAM performance is taking a hit since you have 3 sticks vs 2 or 4 and it’s 2666mhz. Have you tried running a userbenchmark?
Yeah is my overall usage, with 2x8 i performed worst, they we're in dual channel. I'll run userbenchmark and tell u how was it. Here is another screenshot:
unknown.png

He is spot on. Ryzen loves DUAL channel FAST memory. You have neither. The best thing you can do is to upgrade to a kit of 2x8 GB of 3000+ RAM.

Also that game is not optimised and is known to have issues.

NoahxX

Commendable
Feb 5, 2020
He is spot on. Ryzen loves DUAL channel FAST memory. You have neither. The best thing you can do is to upgrade to a kit of 2x8 GB of 3000+ RAM.

Also that game is not optimised and is known to have issues.
Yeah the problem is that in most game it happens to me, not only on rust.

RAM... as mentioned above. get a decent kit of 8gbx2 ram off your MB QVL. dual-channel is a must-have with RYZEN while gaming. your setup should allow you to have a satisfactory experience. but think of it like this:

your CPU currently is underwater trying to survive by breathing through a straw instead of a snorkel

NoahxX

Commendable
Feb 5, 2020
That memory combination has no guarantee to be compatible together. Since you can make any combinations of different memory you want, your free to play around and do your own compatibility testing with NO guarantees.
So my ram could fail right? like game random crashes or apps crashing with a game right?