My graphics card not transmitting any signals

Markssa

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Hey there! I recently bought a new graphics card for higher performance, I've recently however seen issues like the screen just going black and not getting any signals. I've tried reconfiguring everything according to the manual but it does not seem to work. I've tried what is said in this
post http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-13-read-posting-boot-problems
. I can start the motherboard, all the lights go on, fans start working and I can hear the hard drives processing. The 580 seems slow though and takes a few seconds to actually start working.

I thought it might just be the graphics card so I changed back to the old one, but I still have the same issue... Is it the motherboard? It almost seems like there is nothing to transmit. I'm really confused as to what the issue is!

My specs are:
MSI GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX
Silver Power SP-SS850 850W PSU
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z, Socket-1155
Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000MHz 12GB
Intel® Core i7-2600K Processor

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

ps: English is not my native language, please be gentle ;O

Go into BIOS. Does the video work properly there? Please post an answer.

IF the video is OK in the BIOS, go into windows safe mode. This loads a default video driver. Is the video now good? please post.

Your card has two DVI outputs. Use the other one. Any difference ?

Do you have another cable you can swap in? Can you double check your monitor on another PC ?

Markssa

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
I'm sorry if I'm being unclear, the screen doesn't show ANY signals at all. I tried changing to the other DVI output but still the same issue. And the monitor I used worked fine yesterday (when I started getting no signals at all) and it works with it's inbuilt dvd player so It's not the monitor.

I also tried changing the cables I use for connection DVi- to hdmi (screen).

Same state as before, motherboard is on, fans are on, hard drives are on and the graphics card is on. No input is registered though.

you said "I thought it might just be the graphics card so I changed back to the old one, but I still have the same issue" SO the old video card and the new video card both produce no video on the monitor. And it's not an intermittent problem, it's solid, every time.

Standard debugging is to start to pull parts off the PC until it works. Remove all USB attached devices. Power up. Did you get video, no. Leave the USB devices off.

Unplug and open case. Remove all PCI cards. Plug back in and pwoer up? Are you getting beep codes? YES- look them up and see what the PC is complaining about. NO - unplug, remove the next part, memory, plug boot, any beep codes.

You linked this reference in your post. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-13-read-posting-boot-problems Follow the instructions there to get down to a bear MB, PSU and CPU. You should get beep codes there.

Good luck.