[SOLVED] My gtx 1080 swapped with a intel UHD graphics 630

thedeadlylordgaming

Proper
BANNED
Sep 25, 2018
Hey i bought a gsync monitor today.
It was a 1080p monitor and 144 hz and gsync. I set it up and everything was great. I did a benchmark inside gta 5 and i noticed that my fps was a little bit lower. I exited the game and i went into ccleaner to clean my pc and then i noticed that at the top of the window where my specs are it said Intel UHD graphics 630 instead of my gtx 1080. Is it suppose to be like this and if it is how do i fix this?

Solution
IF you're plugged in to the lowest HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI port, then you're plugged into your card, and CC cleaner just isnt detected it, which is fine. Also to mention if you tried to run GTA5 on intergrated graphics, it would be VERY noticeable and probably not get more than 10FPs. It wont be a "little" slower, it would be nigh unplayable.
I assume you must have a laptop and you are running on battery, the default windows power options will select integrated graphics.
For best gaming, you need to run plugged in.

On the nvidia control panel there are options as to when to select integrated vs, discrete graphics.

lthampton

Notable
Jan 8, 2019
IF you're plugged in to the lowest HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI port, then you're plugged into your card, and CC cleaner just isnt detected it, which is fine. Also to mention if you tried to run GTA5 on intergrated graphics, it would be VERY noticeable and probably not get more than 10FPs. It wont be a "little" slower, it would be nigh unplayable.

Solution

thedeadlylordgaming

Proper
BANNED
Sep 25, 2018
I am going to try to reinstall my nvdia drivers and in my gta 5 benchmark i got like 40 fps where in some places and i usally got around 50-60 fps in the grassy places and i do have all the settings maxed out