[SOLVED] my hard drive does not appear anywhere after abruptly stopped while installing operating system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 3, 2019
hi! i just tried to install Ubuntu into a friend's old machine, and the power cut at the middle of the installation. tried to do it again, but the hard drive has not appeared anywhere after that idk what to try his hard drive is a Segate Momentus 5400.6 250 GB.

(the problem is on the hard drive. i have tried it on countless computers, to no result. does not appear in diskpart,device manager troubleshooting,or file explorer.

any help is appreciated

(PS: I do not know anything in this field)

Carl2

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I had a disk drive and it took about I 1/2 minutes to boot, I tried a raid configuration but still a long boot time. I ended up buying one of the first Intel SSD, costs quite a bit but for me well worth it. I haven't used anything but SSD since. I have a HP computer that came with a standard drive but used a SSD and put windows on it. I kind of like the HP disk since they put in a lot of special things for the machine but never used that disk. Never used anything but windows, I tried a few other OS but never had one that would work.