[SOLVED] My headset mic is not getting detected.

Sep 26, 2019
I got a new headset with a mic today so my friends could finally hear me. I'm trying to set my mic up, but it's not getting detected in the recording devices. I restarted my pc, the "Allow microphone" is to all apps, it's showing disabled recording devices, but the headset is just not in there. The headset works normally, but the mic just doesn't. There's two jacks and I have only one port in my laptop. But I also bought an Audio Jack Splitter and the headset works when the USB is in. Any help?

Solution
According to Asus, you have a combo headphone/Headset/Mic jack.
So the jack should allow you to use a headset with a Mic or a stand alone Mic.
Either your splitter is not working or you need the Realtek audio drivers that allow the combo jack to work properly.
Try uninstalling the Realtek audio drives and re-installing them.
Could you post your laptop model and the audio splitter you are using?
Not all splitters are equal...You need a specific mic/headphone splitter that supports microphones.
Your laptop could have a jack that might work for outputs only. Have you tried a microphone?
If you have a combo jack that accept inputs (like a mic) then you might need to install the manufacturer sound drivers so the combo audio jack could recognize a headset.

Sep 26, 2019
Could you post your laptop model and the audio splitter you are using?
Not all splitters are equal...You need a specific mic/headphone splitter that supports microphones.
Your laptop could have a jack that might work for outputs only. Have you tried a microphone?
If you have a combo jack that accept inputs (like a mic) then you might need to install the manufacturer sound drivers so the combo audio jack could recognize a headset.
I have a splitter that works for mics. Since I only have a port for headphones, I think that may be the problem.
My laptop is an ASUS X555LD-XO049H.
I can't find the audio splitter model since I bought it from an electronic shop in my country. I tried to find the sound drivers, I also tried the headset somewhere else and it worked there. It could be my laptop. When I plug in the USB, it doesn't even show that it's installing some drivers. I tried finding the drivers on their site but those are only drivers for keyboards etc..

Either your splitter is not working or you need the Realtek audio drivers that allow the combo jack to work properly.

Solution
Sep 26, 2019
So I re-installed Realtek audio drivers and there's still nothing. If my splitter didn't work I wouldn't be able to hear sound from my headphones. How do I find Realtek audio drivers that allow the combo jack?

Sep 26, 2019
If the adapter is faulty or you have the wrong one, you might be able to hear sound but the Mic won't work.
Could you post a pic of the splitter adapter.
e4e16f33-759e-3c3f-fbfd-cba5f7f06c59.jpg

Sep 26, 2019
How do you know in which one to plug the Mic?
Try the splitter in another system (e.g. fiends laptop) and see if it works.
That's not exactly my splitter, it's a splitter that is based around the same way I have it, otherwise my splitter has a little headphones/microphone icon.
I may have found the problem, I tried it in my friends laptop and it didn't work, his laptop has a microphone port and a headphones port, it worked without the splitter. It may be the splitter?

TRENDING THREADS